Guest viewing is limited

THR I can’t sit can you help ?

Am walking without any devices which my PT says is right.
 
I’m not sure I would agree with your therapist not to use assistive devices to walk if you’re falling and having balance issues. It’s your choice, of course, but it might be a good idea to at least use a cane until you have some doctor appointments and find out what is going on.
 
Glad to read that it's not an inner ear issue, @bethvk -- those can be so hard to treat!

Please keep us posted. We really do hope you find resolution to this problem soon. Falling a lot sounds awful.

Sending hugs your way. :console2:
 
Kudos to you for being proactive and setting up appointments to help determine the root causes and possible treatments for what you are experiencing. Have you had a recent bone density scan? Just curious as with your history of slips and falls that could be a concern, and might indicate that you should use a cane/other device until you get to the bottom of it.It seems you may be dealing with multiple things that surfaced with your surgery. I think many of us had pain and weakness at first when sitting and standing. But the proprioception issues are not as common so definitely worth investigating further, as you have planned. Good luck to you. :)
 
How are you doing these days bethvk? Have you made it to your appointment with your primary care physician yet? if so wondering if you care to share what you learned. Also want to wish you the best for your July cataract surgery. Please keep us posted. We're here for you!
@bethvk
 
Thank you I made it to my appointment and the doctor ordered a right hip x ray for me. It shows some arthritis but not much. She wants me to book an appointment with my surgeon and get his opinion. The topic of proprioception didn’t come up.
 
I wrote to my surgeon to take a look at my X-ray but he hasn’t answered yet. I’m with Kaiser btw.
 
The topic of proprioception didn’t come up.
It sounds like your PT gave you some insight about proprioception and that it's likely the cause of your falls. It's understandable that we can forget to raise certain concerns during doctors visits, either due to anxiety, or time constraints, but I'm guessing your PCP isn't aware of the proprioception issue? If that's the case, I think the topic warrants attention before you injure yourself. Please consider calling the office to make them aware of the issue, if they're not already, and see how they advise.
Take good care!
 
Í messaged the
surgeon and my doctor about the proprioception I didn’t hear nav from either of them. My surgeon thinks I have mild arthritis in my right hip.
 
You may want to schedule a face to face appointment with one or both of these doctors if you still feel you have unaddressed balance issues. You want to do everything possible to find out why you are falling and figure out how that can be treated.
 
Í messaged the
surgeon and my doctor about the proprioception I didn’t hear nav from either of them
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. :wink:

We don't want you falling and possibly injuring yourself. I know you don't either, but all it takes is one misstep, due to losing your balance and it could be serious. Please consider calling them again.

Best wishes for your cataract surgery this month.
 
Hi @bethvk. Checking in to see if you've heard back from either your doctor or surgeon. Let us know what you've learned.

Also, you mentioned having cataract surgery this month -- when is that scheduled? Hope you have an easy recovery.
 
I’m having the cataract surgery next Tuesday. Will let you know when I hear back from my doctor. I heard back from my surgeon to get in touch with the doctor.
 
Best wishes for Tuesday. I'm expecting I'll be told it's time for me to have cataract surgery when I see my opthomalogist next month.
 
Wishing you a successful cataract surgery and a speedy recovery! Stay in touch. :)
@bethvk
 
I received a diagnosis and I have a vestibular disorder. So I need lots of pt to help with it.
 
I'm sorry to read that you've been diagnosed with a vestibular disorder. It must be frustrating, but at least now you know what's going on and have a path to treat it.

Glad that your cataract surgery went well.

How is your hip doing?
 
It’s doing well. I have central vestibular
Disorder I wish now I didn’t have a hip replacement.
 
My cataract surgery went well. I can see now.
That's wonderful news! Good to read it went well. I'll bet you're happy it's behind you now.

Vestibular Disorder for those reading who may not know exactly what it is -
A vestibular disorder is a condition that affects your body's balance system, primarily involving the inner ear and brain. Common symptoms include dizziness, vertigo, and difficulty maintaining balance.

I am sorry you have to deal with the VD, especially now since your vision has improved. I hope the PT you engage in helps to manage the symptoms quickly. Thankfully you're getting help and we're here for support when you need us. Hugs and best wishes, bethvk. Please stay in touch. :console2:
@bethvk
 

Staff online

  • Roy Gardiner
    Staff member since February, 23, 2013
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom