TKR I can’t believe I’m still dealing with this darn Knee^

Hi Danlovesmary. Great to see you back but not under these circumstances! Such a shame.
You can see that I've moved your post into your old thread so we (I) will have access to your full story which I have just read from page 1. And I noticed a couple of things...
.I also think that if I were able to take something stronger than Tylenol I would be able to push my exercises a little further, and walk further than half a block without breaking into a cold sweat
This tells me you were grossly under-medicated. This is part of what blocked your early progress.

Then this
So she had me do a heel slide, I got to 86, hurt like hell. PT called asst over, had me do another heel slide, asst forced foot back further and held it while she got another measurement. I didn't scream, but I swear the sound that came out of me sounded like I was giving birth. She got her 90 degrees, I BARELY walked to the door and to elevator...barfed in parking lot (that's how my body reacts to severe pain), and I couldn't walk the next day without walker, and that was barely to get to bathroom.
which tells me you had been subjected to far too aggressive therapy which left you with chronic pain and swelling rather than the 'scar tissues and adhesions' your surgeon said it was. This is very often the case, in my experience. And confirmed by your experience of the MUA
It's been a week since my MUA. I'm trying to bend it, like the OS said to do but it just won't go!

I truly believe that this is what your problem is right now. I once met a man (UK) who had a similar story (but worse!) but I think you should read it to see how bad bad can be! PT: the seriously grave consequences of doing too much of it. There's not much hope in it for you and I doubt there's much I can offer in the way of a solution for you. I truly wish there was.



But for now, I'd really like to try and offer you some structured advice but in order to do that, I also need to ask you some questions. Are you willing for me to do that?
 
i have a friend whose story was similar to yours, she had a nickel allergy. i do think you should be tested. i am 73 and think that i am now a retired ski instructor!!!
 
Here y'go then!

It would be very helpful if you would answer each one individually - numbered as I have done - in as much detail as you can then I'll come back as see where you are ....

1. what are your pain levels right now? (remember the 1-10 scale: 1 = no pain and 10 = the worst you can imagine. And don't forget to factor in other forms of pain such as soreness, burning, stabbing, throbbing, aching, swelling and stiffness).

2. what pain medications have you been prescribed, how much are you taking (in mg please) and how often?

3. how swollen is your leg compared to these?
[Bonesmart.org] I can’t believe I’m still dealing with this darn Knee^


4. what is your ROM - that's flexion (bend) and extension (straightness)

5. are you icing your knee at all? If so, how often and for how long?

6. are you elevating your leg. If so how often and for how long?

7. what is your activity level? What do you do in the way of housework, cooking, cleaning, shopping, etc., and

8. are you doing any exercises at home? If so what and how often?
This is the most crucial question so please help me by using the format I have left as an example
(which means please make a list and not an essay!)

Exercises done at home
- how many sessions you do each day
- enter exercise by name then number of repetitions of each
etc., etc.

Anything done at PT
- how many times a week
- enter exercise by name then number of repetitions of each
etc., etc.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom