Guest viewing is limited

TKR I’m having “Irish Twins”, the 2nd (LTKR) is due 9th Sept 2014

Thanks Mike! It is definitely not for the impatient! Today I will take a walk and do some stretches only. I also have that summer goal of being ready to play by July. I am sure I will be able to do more than last year when my knee was so bad. I also go back to work as a middle school teacher in August so have to be ready to do.serious time on my feet.
 
Hi all,

I have not updated my recovery since last May.

I don't have too much to report:
  • I go to the gym 3 morning a week before work and work my whole body, mainly strength work etc.
  • I spin on my turbo trainer 3 evening a week - same days as the gym.
  • This means that I can rest/recover on Tuesdays, Thursdays and the weekend.
  • I seems to be working for me.
I still have the same niggles as I have always had; I am hoping that time will improve the situation...

I have just registered for a charity cycle in July 2016 - Ring of Kerry cycle approx. 181 Km through beautiful countryside with 11,500 other cyclists!

I am using the cycle as a way of building up my strength and having fun at the same time. I will keep you informed of my progress or lack of during the next few months.

In general, I find if I don't stretch/go to the gym, my knees are less happy. Alcohol seems to "dry out my joints" so I could be stiff and aching the next day - I drink very rarely these days.

I am a lot better off since the operations, I am not in pain but can get a bit "achy" if I don't watch my self. I am willing to do a lot more physically since the operations and my family are not worried about me etc.

So overall, I am a happy bunny who has changed his lifestyle for the better and hopes to keep it that way!

I also believe that I have been lucky, in that, I have not had any major problems with my recovery - long may it last.

Talk soon

Mike
 
The Ring of Kerry cycling sounds wonderful! Great to hear how you are doing.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I also do a lot more cycling since my surgery---however I have not been able to give up Bushmill's. I have always been surprised---I grew up in a Catholic family---and Bushmills was our drink. Teething---here, have a teaspoon of this. croup? have a teaspoon. Measles? This will make you sleep! dumped by my first boyfriend? Here, come over and have a shot of this!!!
 
@charmed-life thanks for your message; I am looking forward to getting on the road when/if it ever stops raining!
I expect to be road cycling in the next couple of weeks - I will keep you updated.

@skigirl I haven't given up drinking entirely, just more selective when and what I drink. I am very partial to Irish Whiskey, such as, Jameson and Paddy. They have a very different flavour to Bushmills which we also enjoy over here.

I am hoping to be as active as you over the coming years!

Take care

Mike
 
Back
Top Bottom