• REGISTER for Joint Replacement Awareness Day on May 9th, 2020!

Surgeons, patients, and other medical professionals will talk about topics you've told are important to you. You can ask questions LIVE of the participants. Please "like" and "share" our JRAD notice on your Facebook page too!

Register and learn more in this announcement:

Watch 2019 JRAD Videos

How many of you have a leg length discrepancy following THR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MsSplenda56

Jo,
I am! He did say the sciatic nerve is being stretch due to the LLD causing the sciatic issue. He work with the back too! I am a happer camper this day...

Thanks for all your help!

Happy Tuesday!
MsSplenda

OP
OP
P

phoggie

Since I was the original poster on this question, I happened to read all of your responses......and find I am not alone in this battle. I posted "I am back AGAIN" this week.....and if you read that you will see that I am STILL having a lot of problems following my THR and my 1" LLD. My IT Band (or so they called it), just is not wanting to stretch.....going to start PT AGAIN this week....don't know what they will do differently, but am changing therapists..the last one is at her "wits end" and doesn't know what else to do.

I am so sick and tired of this battle....everything from my waist down hurts...back, hips, muscles, knees....I am so sorry I ever let the OS talk me into doing a THR.....and he said he was doing it for the pain on the outside of my leg....WRONG....it didn't help a thing in that area either.

I am wearing these "beautiful" built-up shoes and still limping as bad as ever...more pain than I ever had...and it has been about 10 months!! I am very envious of those on this post that have flown through this with flying colors.....and happy that it worked out for them.

Sorry to know that some of you that I had written months ago are still suffering also....hope you get relief SOON~~~

Phoggie

Josephine

NURSE DIRECTOR EMERITUS
Nurse Director
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Phoggie - I am sorry for your situation. I truly wish there was something I could say or suggest that would help but I am at a loss. You seem to have fallen into that small percent that don't have a good outcome. What a bummer!

factorygirl

I had bilaterial hip replacement and had a length discrepancy after my first thr I was way out of sync trying to compensate. Luckly when I had the second one done he made me level. I think you're going to have to be patient with yourself and find someone at a great shoe store that can help with shoe lifts. Keep looking because I read on a webmd forum about a guy that had the same problem and was able to find a solution.

JudyS

alpha
Country
United States United States
Welcome factorygirl!!!!
I had a right hip replacement on June 6th. As I have regained a high level of exercise again I do get aches and pains, but no prolblem.
I was very fortunate to have equal leg lengths at the end of it all!!!

welcome again to bonesmart
Judy in socal

westexas

graduate
Since I was the original poster on this question, I happened to read all of your responses

I am so sick and tired of this battle....everything from my waist down hurts...back, hips, muscles, knees....I am so sorry I ever let the OS talk me into doing a THR.....and he said he was doing it for the pain on the outside of my leg....WRONG....it didn't help a thing in that area either.

Sorry to know that some of you that I had written months ago are still suffering also....hope you get relief SOON~~~

Phoggie
Phoggie,
I know exactly how you feel. I am in the same boat after 9 months. Unlucky but lucky for me, my other hip is arthritic. I am having pain in my new hip my arthritic hip, knee problems, back, etc....Having scoliosis has not helped....
I did get lifts in about 5 pair of shoes until the other hip but even with that I am experiencing pain too. AND I am only 1/2 inch off. My PT told me at 6 months that if things were not back to normal then they never would be as far as Leg Length...It is the bone that is LONGER in that leg. Cannot change that unless surgery as far as I know.
Please keep me posted. I am soon to be 51 and never expected this outcome. We will get through this and Phoggie getting into Pool Therapy will help a lot....Patty

KKR1743

phoggie-
You are not alone. I am 8 months post surgery and most days the pain is still so bad I just want to cry. Before my THR, my hip hurt, now my back, my knees, my thigh, and my hip hurts. I am still limping, I can no longer climb stairs comfortably (I could before the surgery). I am wearing a lift in my shoe, which does help with the back pain.
I was always very active and I'm not that old (56). Now I really feel old. I am so sorry I had this done!
I know this site is sponsored in Britain. I just got back from London. My company has a subsidiary in London, so I travel there a couple time a year. Lovely country. But, I am so crippled now, I had problems "minding the gap".

Josephine

NURSE DIRECTOR EMERITUS
Nurse Director
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Oh, KKR, another who has rendered me speechless. What can I say? My heart goes out to you.

BTW this site is American, owned and managed by the Foundation for Advancement of Research in Medicine (FARM).

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Annapic
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom