Revision THR Hope for 2020, Revised THR

Seeing your post made my day and cheered the many members of your fan club. Seeing you handle adversity without ever getting stuck in your own troubles has given me the desire to get out of myself more. Your influence is broad. Your suffering was not in vain.

Oh, so good to hear! The worst is behind you-beautiful, healing horizons ahead. So happy you’re now on the healing side. Keeping those prayers and positive vibes coming your way. ❤️

:roseshwr: Thank you all so much. One finger typing on phone to share details.

• PTL do I love my surgeon. ❤️ He just stopped by and even called me Christmas Day! Beyond any hopes of an amazing surgeon and person.
  • Stem is longer, but not abnormally so. Will post pictures when I get them in 2 weeks.
  • Ball and cup stable, so not touched. LLD same for stability (8 mm) not cemented but good tight fit. Right down femoral bone.
  • Walked around hospital floor. Very stable hip, toes pointing forward. No bone pain. Knee feels remarkably better.
  • My anesthesiologists were excellent. Had spinal block with dual sedation. Woke up alert, able to talk and not nauseous.
  • Have dislocation and infection risks but know what to do. Can weight bare as tolerated.
Sending out my thanks to everyone here. Truly felt uplifted today driving here at 4:30. So very grateful.

christmas-angel

This is such a beautifully inspiring update.
You must feel so terribly relieved.
I So Do Believe great things are in store for the New Year.
I know your family is also very grateful for such a positive outcome.
I knew He was looking out for you.
:) :-) (:

What an uplifting post.
So many things to be grateful and thankful for. It's simply wonderful.
I couldn't be any happier for you. I hope your pain is well managed this evening and your sleep is sweet. That all consuming anxious wait is finally over. :happydance:
Big hugs, Sarah
@Fit4Family

So happy for you after this long struggle!! I was thinking of you all day and couldn't wait to get home to see your posting. I can only imagine how relieved you are that this part of your journey is over. Take one day at a time knowing you're improving each day. I bet you will be ecstatic to get home into familiar surroundings and establish a recovery routine for yourself...movies, books on tape, netflix, music.etc

YAY. One step at a time....

Glad to see your surgery is finally complete. You have been so supportive of so many people here while still suffering yourself. Sending healing vibes and good wishes your way.:) :-) (:

Dear Sweet Sarah

Hope for 2020, Revised THR

Hope for 2020, Revised THR

Be safe, be well and be happy on your new journey.

Hugs and love,
Izzy xx

Good Morning Bone Smarties! Feel pretty good so far. :SUNsmile:

Seven hours of sleep with just powder room breaks. Females: Added a rehab device three weeks ago. As sitting was / torture. “Venus to Mars“ On Amazon. Nurses are so thrilled about the find as much easier to go unassisted. Foot long lateral scar again. So this is a find for sure.

No word on if I will go home today. Blood pressure low so sipping broth to get salts up. Made two more trips around floor before bed, Asleep by 8:30. The nursing team changed ice all night what a gift

Thank you all for your love support and prayers. Truly feel blessed! First time in over a year that I can hope for a full active life.

:happy-new-year-smiley-emoticon-4:

So good that you are getting some restorative sleep.:sleep:

Really interesting aide, Venus to Mars, who knew!?

Sounds like they have you comfortable (as possible right now) and pain well managed.
Ice Angel's, too?:ice:
I'm glad they are being good to you and hope things level off soon.
Big healing hugs!!!!

I can here that song in my head. Ice Angels, Ice Angels :ice:

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas @Mojo333 Amazing how appropriate the quote your friend gave you before your surgery. Something solid to stand on. Truly amazing.

:friends:

Yes, and now you will be on solid ground as it sounds like things were not stable and is no small wonder you had such an endless parade of issues trying to get better with a loose stem.

Another very old saying, but still means alot to me...
If we keep our head facing the sun, shadows will always fall behind us.
:SUNsmile:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Kneelythere
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom