Fit4Family
post-grad
- Joined
- Mar 29, 2019
- Messages
- 1,495
- Age
- 65
- Gender
- Female
- Country
United States
Hi @lotusbuds
I’m so happy to read you have been out walking with your godchildren! Sorry your knee gave you trouble on the decent. I have read that is fairly common. Most people master walking up stairs two legs consecutively before mastering walking down. Harder motion for control. My heart goes out to you as geese, knees can really hurt. After all you have been through a different pain is such a bummer.
I don’t walk in deep water, think it’s 4’5”. I am 5’9”, so hits me mid chest. I walk backwards more than forwards. My OS said to focus on that as my legs muscles are unbalanced. Have been overusing front of thighs. With prolonged recovery from two surgeries.
Hope you find something that brings relief. I have been using fresh eyes to re-evaluate where I sit and how I move. Working less hours at desk helps a lot. Leaning forward towards monitor really not hip friendly. Sending healing wishes.
I’m so happy to read you have been out walking with your godchildren! Sorry your knee gave you trouble on the decent. I have read that is fairly common. Most people master walking up stairs two legs consecutively before mastering walking down. Harder motion for control. My heart goes out to you as geese, knees can really hurt. After all you have been through a different pain is such a bummer.
I don’t walk in deep water, think it’s 4’5”. I am 5’9”, so hits me mid chest. I walk backwards more than forwards. My OS said to focus on that as my legs muscles are unbalanced. Have been overusing front of thighs. With prolonged recovery from two surgeries.
Hope you find something that brings relief. I have been using fresh eyes to re-evaluate where I sit and how I move. Working less hours at desk helps a lot. Leaning forward towards monitor really not hip friendly. Sending healing wishes.



Sweet Sarah
I think I use around an 18-19" height ... that is what my commode chair is. I also have my walker at it's highest to force me to stand upright. I may be shorter but I wear a 29-30" inseam in jeans, so sadly that makes me short waisted! 
![[Bonesmart.org] Hope for 2020, Revised THR [Bonesmart.org] Hope for 2020, Revised THR](https://data.bonesmart.org/attachments/64/64788-267c8a022312a4fcdd5dacc2b4c580b3.jpg?hash=JnyKAiMSpP)
Not sure I ever thought about it before this. Smart to keep your walker higher. It’s so hard to remember not to lean on it when it’s set lower.
Shoot me now please ...
... I don't know where my brain was! What brain ...
I meant LOWER THAN THE HIPS ... 
![[Bonesmart.org] Hope for 2020, Revised THR [Bonesmart.org] Hope for 2020, Revised THR](https://data.bonesmart.org/attachments/64/64792-046531f903d8f6096031c28767686224.jpg?hash=BGUx-QPY9g)
![[Bonesmart.org] Hope for 2020, Revised THR [Bonesmart.org] Hope for 2020, Revised THR](https://data.bonesmart.org/attachments/64/64811-936c38ea8e7971ffdf2b46ae79eafbef.jpg?hash=k2w46o55cf)
Cheers