THR Home from the hospital and looking forward to going back to yoga!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well even with perfect hips I couldn't do that! Congratulations Barbara! You are a BoneSmart poster child!

Hi!! wow that's amazing. I have been thinking about you lately! I'm right behind you at the 6 month mark and just this week really felt like I turned a corner. I had a set back a few months ago and pulled some muscles really bad in my quad. That was almost worse than the hip! But I'm back on track. You look great BarbaraR NAMASTE xo

Wow Barbara that is phenomenal ! You are so supple and strong and its hard to believe that you had a hip replacement only 6 months ago.You are a real inspiration.Well done.

keepridingforward, Saw that you are from New Paltz. I went to college there from 1965-67. Transferred to University of Iowa, but still have such warm memories of New Paltz, the beautiful mountains, and many wonderful things about the town and university.

Fantastic! You look fantastic! Isn't it great to have your life back? So happy you're doing so well.

Hey Barbara,

That is fantastic! I just showed my husband your pic. It's very inspiring! So glad to see you've come so far. Hope you have enjoyed your summer. I agree, the surgery was totally worth it!

Whooo hoooo!!! Now THAT'S fabulous!!! I'm going to tag Josephine because I want her to see that photo of you in Post #258.

Thanks Jamie - much appreciated tag!

BarbaraR Fantastic and definitely going into our Amazing Recoveries in the Library!
I reduced the size of your picture though, so it fits in a screen.

BarbaraR you are going to become my poster girl :D

I am10 weeks and have started back with some gentle yoga poses but if I can get back to a full lotus at 6 months I will be very happy!

bookworm_nz, I just read your thread, and it sounds as if you've done really well! I was actually shocked the first time I tried half lotus and it worked-- still having some trouble with internal rotation, but all will come. Namaste, and speedy recovery. XO

That photo is an inspiration...I used to be able to do that, cant now, hope to be able to 6 months post op, or even 9 ,months post op....My superpath left THR is tomorrow morning. I read your thread and I know you worked carefully and steadily on getting ROM back. Way to go!!

@FLgirlie good luck tomorrow! we've heard nothing but great things about Dr. Grandic, especially from BeckyR.

@FLgirlie I will be watching for you on the other side. Prayers up for and uneventful surgery and post op period!

Hi all! Today is my one year anniversary. I think I am back to normal. I hardly ever think of my hip. It is tighter on the right than the left-- but it always has been. And I'm back to almost every day yoga practice. In December my husband and I moved to Austin, TX, and we're so happy not to be dealing with the weather in the northeast(although we do miss family and friends). Hope you are all doing well. Much love. XO

A year already! Good to see your update---sounds like you are doing fantastic.

@BarbaraR. So glad you posted that fab one year update...I have been in awe of your photo showing you doing your yoga pose.....it has inspired many of us. Thanks do much for sharing...it gives hope to us all. Chrissie xxx

Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Jbrmoto
Recent bookmarks
Back