Home Alone After Surgery

Hi, I'm completely new here and fortunately have a son who will be able to help me outside of school hours (11 yo). My husband will stay home if needed, but works on an ambulance so he can't take much time off. I'll be all on one floor bedroom right off the bathroom. But huge labrador I fear during the recovery. He likes to jump on my arm and walk with me, jump on and off the bed and he is definitely a momma's boy so it will be hard to keep him out of the bedroom. I have talked to a granddaughter who is a stay at home mother to high school boys, she will help me out with trips to the doctor or PT.

Love the list of great ideas, will use them. Thanks for all the help you are offering to others through this site.

wobblyknees
 
So glad you’ve found us here on BoneSmart!
I came here when I was scheduled for my first THR and still can recall how thrilled I was to have found this site.

I was so prepared by the time my surgery date arrived.
Hopefully you’ll stay with us here and get some great support from the BoneSmart members and staff!
 
Thanks, furniture lifts that’s a great idea. I’m going to look into that. I have so much furniture in the house, but most of it is too low.
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Roy Gardiner
    Staff member since February, 23, 2013
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
Back
Top Bottom