TKR HobbitCatMom's new knee...

Status
Not open for further replies.
@HobbitCatMom I am glad that your sister can be there for you! Before you know it the staples will be out, and slowly the pain will go away and the knee will move easier and then you can take care of your sister for awhile! Have a great night and get some sleep!
 
Hello, all! Hope you're having a good day. Today I felt well enough to haul myself into a car and be driven down the street to have a burger at my favorite cafe. I look forward to the time that I'll be walking that distance instead of being driven! Yeah, I was tired afterward. But what a good burger! :cheers:
 
You sound like you are doing amazingly well! Congrats.

Keep up the good work and don't become a board member of the ODIC! (Over Do It Club)
 
@Jane B. - no chance of over-doing it - I'm taking lessons in lazy from my late cat. It looks like I'm doing things, but it's one day accomplishment, one day of rest, lol.

Right now I'm having lots of muscle cramps in my legs and feet and it's hard getting comfortable. :groan:
 
@HobbitCatMom that is the way to do it, I seem to forget that when I had mine done I wanted to be in the ODIC but my second one in a few weeks I am not joining that club
 
@HobbitCatMom
Sorry to hear you are having cramping in your leg and feet. It hurts!! I took a pain pill when it got ridiculous. It helped a lot. I plan on talking to my OS cause I also have the restless leg movement problem.
Rest rest rest and ice. It helps so much.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Wow, I might be feeling better.

My surgeon took out half my staples, the rest of them come out next week. Looks kinda nasty, but there's less pulling. Setting up PT starting next week. Walking a little better. So far so good!:egypdance:
 
:thumb: I found my healing incision kind of fascinating. The body is an amazing thing.
 
Oh, boy I joined ODIC this weekend! Felt really good Friday night, went for a walk. Felt good Saturday morning, went to the store. Lunchtime Saturday, crashed. :bricks: Just getting back to feeling human. I do learn from my mistakes, it just takes a 2x4 rather than a whisper to get my attention.

On the other hand, I'm feeling somewhat better overall and I'm starting to get caught up on my reading and knitting. My OS's office is currently attempting to have my insurance authorize home health care for my PT, as I'd rather not drive, get PT, drive back and crash. Much better to crash immediately after PT.

Hope everyone is doing well, and hugs to all!
 
Felt good Saturday morning, went to the store. Lunchtime Saturday, crashed.
You are less than four weeks removed from some seriously traumatic surgery on your knee---and, while you are doing quite well, your body is still sending large amounts of energy toward the healing process.

While you are craving the normal life and having glimpses of it, you are pushing thing a wee bit and are going to have those "crashes" for some time to come.

The first time that I actually got behind the wheel of my truck---at about 5 1/2 weeks---I went on a 1/2-hour set of errands. I came home and slept for nearly two hours!
 
Yep, you learned the hard way how easy it is to get into the ODIC. :heehee:
 
@HobbitCatMom. Hope the insurance will let you have pt at home. My son is going to be taking me starting tomorrow. Can't drive yet.
I know what you mean on the crashing. It feels so good to get out and enjoy the fresh air and then bang your body says no!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
meh, my insurance will cover home PT but the company that takes the insurance is booked up. :hairpulling: So I'm going to call the other place (since I feel so independent right now, lol).

Got a mani/pedi today, what luxury! Very gentle technician, too.

Wishing all of you a good night and healthful sleep.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom