THR Hipvan's recovery thread

First showers are the best! Tiring, but so fulfilling.
Be careful tidying up, take it s-l-o-w.
Maybe set a timer to remember your meds. They'll help with stiffness, which will help with mobility.
Win -Win.
Enjoy your walk in the park and have a wonderful weekend.
Happy Friday!
@hipvan
 
Had my stitches out today. Now 100% more comfortable! I’m not entirely sure that the practice nurse knew what she was doing (continuous stitches are notoriously difficult to remove correctly; I know as I’ve done it in the past!).

Now sitting on a bench in the park in glorious sunshine, overlooking the city and feeling so much better. Not yet a fortnight post op and I’m on almost no pain relief but moving pretty well. Promised physio hasn’t materialised and I’m not going to chase it up.

I hope that this post won’t come back to bite me!! But I think I’m getting there...
 
Hello @hipvan :wave:
Yay for stitches out, park benches, sunshine and pretty views. How lovely!
It sounds like a perfect day. Wishing you many more this week. :SUNsmile:
Happy Tuesday!
 
Good for you! I followed your first recovery so am Glad to know the pain levels are much reduced on this one. You are very brave.... hope it all continues to go brilliantly and don’t forget to ice.
 
Thanks for the encouragement SurreyGirl! I’m really not very brave, just lucky (so far) I think. The icing really is a great comfort, especially when I get into bed at night. I put a cool pad under my knee or over my thigh and it is as good as pain meds. Or even better really.
 
Great to hear things are going well.
Good mojo to ward off all jinxes.:skep:
Glad you were able to enjoy some outside!:SUNsmile:
 
Now 5 weeks post op. Walking with one stick or crutch outside and without either in the house.

I’m being held back a bit by pain around the wound which gets worse after activity. I had the practice nurse look at the scar a week ago and she found a small stitch remainder (see my previous post!) which fell out easily. The area was slightly warmer than the other side but not significantly, so we decided to wait and see if it resolved.

At the moment I can’t get to the hospital where I had the op (a long bus journey) or I would have gone back to have it checked. Post op check is a fortnight away.

I’m guessing that the pain will slowly go (the soft tissue over the other hip scar is still quite sore). But it is so frustrating!

However I am persevering with walking up and down the hill nearby and have been going out when I can get a lift...

Onwards and upwards!!
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom