Guest viewing is limited

Revision THR Hip revision surgery

Unfortunately, the part about not making it through is in the fine print and has to be read off. Here, we are handed papers that talk about all the risks, and have to sign them; one copy for us, one for the hospital.
Tell your mum that my mom had a one-hour partial hip replacement with general anaesthesia at age 91, with very advanced dementia. She was a tiny, frail thing, and sailed through surgery like a champ. They only had to keep her for a week, thank goodness!
If your mum is not feeling 100%, and hasn't gone through all the proper hospital protocols due to lack of time, I do not blame her for postponing. Give her a hug for me!
 
I just wanted to update you as you have all been kind enough to offer advice and support, which I am very grateful for.

Mum was meant to have her surgery today. As above, she decided it wasn't the right time. And thank goodness she did because she had a heart attack this morning.

I was at work and got a call from our neighbour to come home quickly, I was there in about 10 minutes and an ambulance had already arrived.

Mum has gone down to the cath lab for an angiogram, I just pray that she's OK
 
@PugMumma so sorry your mum has had a heart attack. But it's great she is already having her angiogram.

I know it's hard but please don't worry about the procedure. It is very straight forward and the cardiac team do this everyday, several times per day. I was fascinated by how well all the people working in the lab performed during my angiogram - so professional and well coordinated.

Wishing you and Mum all the best. Please update when you can.
 
In my experience, it’s amazing to me how many people have the premonition something is not right or the right time and it proves prophetic. Blessings for comfort and healing. ❤️
 
I am so sorry to read this latest update! It's good she is at the hospital and getting the care that she needs. I hope yesterday's procedure went well and she is already feeling better.. ((hugs))
 
Thank you for asking after mum. She will need bypass surgery unfortunately. She had a second angiogram today which showed up lots of fatty/calcium build up and the Dr said that her best option, given her relatively young age and relatively good health, would be an operation. He said that he could place further stents but that they would not last very long. She opted for the surgery.

She may be allowed to come home tomorrow, the Dr's will have an MDT meeting on Wednesday and decide how to proceed and then we take it from there.

I'm still trying to take it all in, as is mum, and we are all very scared/worried.

Thanks again for thinking of us x
 
Sending (((hugs))) and positive vibes for her surgery and recovery and for you.
 
More hugs! This would certainly terrify me too. But you know, all the people I know with bypasses had them long ago-- meaning they've been doing fine for sometimes decades. May that be so for your mum. Keep us posted. :console2:
 
@PugMumma so sorry to read your Mum needs CABG! Having just been through this with my son (we have a strong family history of heart disease) I completely understand your anxiety.

It seems like a huge deal. But do remember these teams perform bypass surgery constantly. Staff totally understand your anxiety and will be there for you and your mum.

I can highly recommend the British Heart Foundation website for all the information you and Mum need on the procedure and recovery. There is also a very good patient forum with lots of very caring members who have already been through this experience.

Please do keep us updated. We are a joint replacement site but you and Mum are now part of our BoneSmart family.

Edit: I see you have already found the BHF forum - well done!
 
Last edited:
Sending thoughts and prayers for you and your Mom. :prayer::praying:
 
Prayers for your moms peace of mind, comfort and a successful surgery. :prayer:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom