THR Hip replaced ... HELP !!!<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great stuff @Fuzzie - knew you'd make gradual progress.
I have agree about the language - mine was dreadful! :yikes:
Sorry about the dog :dogsniff:
 
@Fuzzie---I moved your posts in a second thread to your one recovery thread. Our forum protocol dictates that there is one recovery thread per member.

By limiting the recovery threads to one, we can better keep track of where you are and where you have been, what issues and questions that you may have had in the past, and what is going on with your replacement---it makes everything much more efficient for all of us to help get you the advice that you need. It also prevents jumping from thread to thread and double-postings.

I appreciate your understanding in this matter!

Tim C.
 
Well had my first physio today . On the plus side he was a blonde Australian Adam Levine look alike . But Aussies are tough and he put me thro some paces . Get off bed with no hands putting weight on bad leg .up some steps bad leg first using heel of bad foot to bear weight . Why am I using Zimmer not crutches ? Explained about the surgery and my very weak glut max and the fact I am transferring weight to other leg . His aim to get me off crutches ASAP. Knew his stuff and I gotta say tho it aches the bad leg feels a little more confident . He said u have to reactivate the brain cells to remember to use that leg and to tell ur body you can do it . Gave me exercises and back in two weeks ....


Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
 
@Fuzzie you may notice I moved your post about PT to your existing recovery thread. Please keep all your updates and questions on this thread so we have a history in one place and can advise you.

Frankly your PT sounds like a recipe for chronic pain. Pushing you to get on crutches is totally unnecessary. And of course your muscles are weak. But forcing them to work is only going to result in aches and pains.

I hope you are resting and icing. Please go very easy on the exercises. Walking is really the best exercise for a new hip.
 
Yes I paid the next day .. I thought it was a bit mean as its only 17 days and he says his aim is to get me off crutches ASAP ! God !


Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
 
Thank you all .. You are a lovely lot . Went out today to the shops on a shopping wheeler thingy and wasn't bad at all . Didn't feel ill or in pain .. Just in dismay that all the shops now have hallowe'en and Xmas side by side ! Keep Xmas in December ! Tired when I got home .. Did not do my exercise prescribed by physio as its a bit tough and I was acheing yesterday so will have a go tomorrow .., get up from a chair with no crutch and NO HANDS putting bad leg first ? At 18 days in .. Really ??!!


Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
 
wow ..sounds like u are being coached by a reality tv star! if u feel he is asking too much tell him. and if he doesn't back off a little, i would be looking for a new one. you know best what u can handle!
 
Basically a PT should help you recover, not bully you so you feel you have to do what can't be done yet. If you constantly feel bad after PT maybe it's a hint that what he is making you do is not what you need right now....

Why do these physio people push for performance so soon after surgery - at not 3wks post OP you still got a healing wound, swelling, pulled muscles etc. If you can walk, it's enough for now. If you need crutches for another week - so be it. I understand the need to stay mobile - but that's achieved by moving around the house (even on crutches), walking the odd bit and all those daily chores.

You can still exercise (and do better than today!), when all that stuff in your tigh has grown back together. It will not get better sooner if you push all these exercises.
 
Yes thanks I think they were a bit silly and over expectant .. I mean I can't do it .. Stand up from a chair on my bad leg with no crutch and no hands !!!


Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
 
I had my THR October 10, so we are very close as far as when we had our operations. Fuzzie, please don't perform any physical therapy that you feel you cannot. I'm wondering how you can get up out of the chair without using your hands or an aide. I would be afraid of falling. Your bones have to get used to the new addition they have been joined to and if you traumatize them with overuse, you will not heal properly. Once I am up I don't have to have an aide but I don't want to stress the bones so I use a walker and cane and eventually won't need to but I know what it is like to have an overzealous physical therapist. I went to a skilled nursing facility for five days post op and when I told my surgeon what type of exercises they had me do he was disappointed and quite frankly, shocked. I didn't know any better. I figured they were the licensed professionals and performed exercises with ankle weights 7 days after my surgery because I trusted the process. Luckily I am fine but it taught me to slow down and pay attention and when I feel the slightest burn in my thigh I stop and come back to the exercise after some rest and ice. If you are like me, you are probably bored and feeling a little woozy from the pain meds. I am trying to be patient and not let the pain get ahead of me. I had a posterior approach done (went through the back) and I have to laugh at you saying you felt like you were kicked in the rear by a big horse because that is what the doc said and it truly felt that way. Now, my staples are out and steri strips are starting to fall off, and I am 19 out, so I'm dealing the best I can. I'm glad to find someone with a similar surgery date on here. Take care and I hope it's getting easier.


Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
 
Interesting post both hips. Yes there is no way I can get out of a chair on my bad leg like the physio said .. But he wasn't happy I had taken a bath ! I have noticed when I over do it my scar stings like mad ... Does anyone else have that ? Like it's sort of painfully complaining ...


Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
 
Yeah I feel that stinging and stop or slow down. I had PT and am tired because I went out today so I have been resting. I still get up every 20-45 mins and move a little. The PT did soft tissue massage to my insision site. There is a little knot there that she was working on breaking up. Told me to drink lots of water but that I am healing nicely. Have a good night (or day depending on when you get this)


Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
 
If it stings, then you said it. I happens when you overdo it. Good reminder though. There is a saying I know from boxing - "pain is a good teacher". But alas - some people just won't listen. You can do better than that! ;)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom