THR Hip bursitis

Don't know what exercises you're doing but walking would be better. I wouldn't let anyone move my leg around if I were you, there is nothing to be gained from it except pain.
 
Hi Sandy! :hi:
Happy Two Month Anniversary!
We haven't heard from you in awhile. Hoping all is well.
Please leave an update next time you're on the forum. We'd love to read about your progress. It's also inspirational to those following behind you.
Enjoy the weekend! :happydance:
@Sandy55
 
Hi, I am sorry I haven't been on here for a while, been back at work part time and just generally pretty busy, but...........I have noticed I am getting a bit puffed out and tired after doing housework and wondering if anyone else feel the same after 3 months???
 
:hi:I certainly was pooped after a full day...it seemed four months out was my biggest turnabout month for feeling more normal.
This was a big surgery so do listen to your body.:yes:
If it says you need extra rest, power nap when possible.
Even with no visible swelling, I treated my legs with ice and elevated in my recliner whenever possible!
:ice:
 
Happy Three Month Anniversary!
I hope you're doing well.
Best wishes for a great Summer as you continue healing.
@Sandy55
 
Happy 3 month Anniversary! @Sandy55 We are very close in our surgery date. Yes, I still get swollen and tire if I do too much, standing and or sitting both create pain. I do better with frequent short walks rather than one long walk. Working part time too. Hope this next month brings you more freedom of movement. Good luck!
 
Hi, Thanks for you reply. I have now developed hip bursitis 4 months post op. Very depressing. I was going well up to about a week ago. I go for ultrasound and xray next week to double check. Not happy!

:sad: I have developed hip bursitis, fluid filled sack on hip, pain sleeping, pain goes down to knee, pain doing steps or hills, very depressing.

Anyone else had or got this and if so what have you found to be the best treatment?
 
I’m sorry that happened. Did something happen? Was recovery going along well?
 
Hi @Sandy55 sorry you are having some painful symptoms, some of the forum advisors will be around shortly to ask you some questions, I'm sure. My first thought is maybe how much exercise you've been doing or some other activity? I'll "page" @Josephine or @Jaycey to help you get some answers.
 
I suffered from hip bursitis for about 2 years and I know just how painful it is. Many people respond to physio (although I didn't) and then there are of course steroid injections, which work for a while. However I had a PRP injection eventually, just over a year ago amd it was amazing - no bursitis pain since! Another patient I met on the day of the injection at the hospital had , like you, had a hip replacement and told me that bursitis was common among hippies.
I understand your feeling depressed after all you have gone through already, but hopefully some physio exercises will sort it out
 
@Sandy55 ... you'll notice that I have merged your latest thread with your original recovery thread. We ask that members keep all their recovery information in a single thread as it makes things so much easier when we need to go back and review your history prior to giving advice or information. So please be sure to post any updates here. No need to start a new thread.

When I merged your two recovery threads, I kept the title of the new thread you started. At any point should you prefer to have a different title that reflects a current concern, just post what you'd like it to be and we'll get it changed for you.

I see Josephine and Jaycey have been tagged, so I'm sure they will be along soon to offer you some advice. You are still relatively early in your recovery process and my guess is that you've simply done more than your hip is ready for at this point. You might take a look at this article from our BoneSmart Library and see if it applies to what you're experiencing: Trochanteric Bursitis with THR
 
Thank you everyone, I am back at the heated pool doing an exercise class twice a week but my surgeon said that would be ok so not sure if that has caused it or not. I have read about the cortisone injections......are they painful??? I will have the X-ray and ultrasound next week to confirm but my local Dr seems to think bursitis. Hope I can get something done, it is just like I have never had the op done
 
Hi @Sandy55 ! The difference is that the bursitis pain can be got rid of, unlike the pre-op OA pain. The cortisone injection is not really painful ( a couple of minutes) and you are able to carry on as normal the next day. As I said before, there is always the PRP injection if all else fails.
Don't let this get you down too much.
 
What are the symptoms?
Hi, I started experienced pain in bed again and couldn’t get comfortable sleeping on the op side. I then noticed I had a fluid like swelling, about the size of an orange on my hip. It hurts more now when I first get up off a chair or walk up stairs or an incline. It’s not too bad just walking on flat ground but I know it’s there At just under 4 months post op I was starting to feel pretty good and now this hopefully a cortisone injection will do the trick
 
Hi Linette, I hadn’t heard of prp injections so had to look them up sounds good and it gives me some hope that I will be pain free again after the gp I went to ( not my normal gp) said there was nothing you can do for bursitis apart from pain killers Grrrrrrr!
 
Hi @Sandy55
I too have this, started with snapping hip syndrome, Trying to ice/rest while rebuilding my gluteus med muscle, which pt says the weakness was the cause of the snapping hip....:blackcloud:
 
Hi @Sandy55 So sorry to see you are dealing with pain. I sure hope you get relief soon. Must be very discouraging. Sending healing vibes and prayers your way. Hope it improves very soon. :flwrysmile:
 
@sequin98 oh wow, ‘snapping hip’ something else I will have to google, I haven’t heard of that one :what: Thank you
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom