THR Hernia or stem loosening

@Deeleigh .....can't let my husband see your posts in case he asks me why I'm not cutting the grass too! Hope everything is going well, such a lot of progress in 4 weeks :thumb: Doesn't seem long since we were all freaking out just before the op, and now we're seasoned hippies :heehee:
 
Hope all is well with you...hope you aren't over doing things and that hip is doing well.:ice:
 
Well it's been almost 1 year since I had my thr and I hate to say, but I am still in a lot of pain most days. Just to touch my thigh burns in a weird numb sort of way and if I accidentally bump it on something....oh the the pain. I can walk much better but some days it just hurts so bad and aches almost every night. I can't bear weight on the leg some days. My dr never did have me do any sort of pt , so I am just wondering how everyone else was doing at their 1 yr mark. I sure hope better than me!
 
@Deeleigh you will notice that I have merged your two threads together as we prefer that members in recovery only have one thread.

This is for three reasons:
1. if you keep starting new threads, you miss the posts others have left you in the old threads
2. it often ends up that information is unnecessarily repeated
3. it's best if we can keep all your recovery story in one place so it's easily accessed if we need to advise you.

Please keep all your questions and updates on this thread.

In looking at your thread it seems you never really allowed the hip to heal. Does this pain settle when you are not active or is it constant? Have you had a follow-up x-ray?
 
Hi @Deeleigh
I'm sorry that you are still hurting.
I also wondered have you contacted your OS about your issues and have you had an X-ray? I did at six months.

Just to touch my thigh burns in a weird numb sort of way and if I accidentally bump it on something....oh the the pain
My thighs were sensitive for quite a while...and bumping could cause some pain but not terrible.
My dr never did have me do any sort of pt
This is probably a good thing - as Jaycey mentioned..you were quite ambitious with your activity early out from surgery.
It is hard to know what exactly is causing your ongoing issues without knowing what you do on a normal basis.
I can walk much better but some days it just hurts so bad and aches almost every night.
Often we don't know we are overdoing it until we stop.
Some issues like tendinitis can take quite a while to resolve especially if not addressed.
 
Last edited:
can anyone tell me if this is normal or if I need to be worried. I can not bear weight on my thr leg at all. The second I let up or off of the weight, I have the absolute worst pain in my hip thigh area that brings me to tears. I don't know what this could be or if anyone else has ever experienced this. Please help!
 
@Deeleigh
Sorry to hear you continue to have problems with your hip.

You need to contact your surgeon so they can examine your hip to determine what is causing your pain and inability to weight bear.

You may also want to seek a second opinion for your THR, from a surgeon specializing in Revisions, they have the education and background to determine what is happening with troubled hips. Look for a surgeon specializing in complex joint reconstruction or revisions. They should have no relationship with your present OS, not even golf buddies.
 
Last edited:
So sorry to hear of this sudden pain.

Definitely call your surgeon asap ... and ask for an immediate appointment. The surgeon will likely want to X-ray your hip to see if any problem with the device has emerged. Definitely tell the surgeon's staff that there has been a sudden change and for the worse ...

In the meantime, just think about in the last few weeks and see if there is any change in your movement or a way you're standing or sitting. Sometimes we can irritate soft tissue ... Anyway, so sorry to hear of your pain.
 
You'll notice that I have merged your newest thread with your original recovery thread. For several reasons, we prefer that you only have one recovery thread:
  • That way, we have all your information in one place. This makes it easier to go back and review your history before providing advice.
  • If you keep starting new threads, you miss the posts and advice others have left for you in the old threads, and some information may be unnecessarily repeated
  • Having only one thread will act as a diary of your progress that you can look back on.
So please post any updates, questions or concerns about your recovery here. If you prefer a different thread title, just post what you want and we'll get it changed for you.
If you need an urgent response to a question, just tag a member of staff.

Many members bookmark their thread in their computer browser, so they can find it when they log on.
 
So frustrated and could use any advice! I had thr in 2018. I healed great, but soon started to have terrible pain just like before surgery. Almost 80 % the same. Well I have had x-rays and a bone scan and my doctors can't seem to find anything. Last week they took blood work to rule out infection. The pain is now so bad that by the end of the day I am dragging my dead aching leg. It hurts to bare weight on but mostly when I let off the weight. I cant even shave my right leg because my left leg hurts so bad. It is shooting pain down the outside top and groin area of my leg. Even my knee hurts as well as my butt cheeks. Well there is no infection and my doctor just called me and told me he's done all he can do and that I need to see my primary doctor for a hernia? I don't think I even have any symptoms of that. My leg aches all night to where I loose sleep and am taking Tylenol and aleve like candy. Any advice or anything you can think of would be so helpful. Sorry this is so long
 
@Deeleigh
You'll notice that I have merged your newest thread with your original recovery thread. For several reasons, we prefer that you only have one recovery thread:
  • That way, we have all your information in one place. This makes it easier to go back and review your history before providing advice.
  • If you keep starting new threads, you miss the posts and advice others have left for you in the old threads, and some information may be unnecessarily repeated
  • Having only one thread will act as a diary of your progress that you can look back on.
So please post any updates, questions or concerns about your recovery here. If you prefer a different thread title, just post what you want and we'll get it changed for you.
If you need an urgent response to a question, just tag a member of staff.

Many members bookmark their thread in their computer browser, so they can find it when they log on.
 
Deeleigh,
Sounds like it is time to seek a second opinion for your THR, from a surgeon specializing in Revisions, they have the education and background to determine what is happening with troubled hips. Look for a surgeon specializing in complex joint reconstruction or revisions. They should have no relationship with your present OS, not even golf buddies.
You can start with our surgeon locator at the top of the page.

Beyond your having a hernia, your back needs to be checked, as it could be the source of the pain you're are experiencing.
 
Last edited:
Thank you... It's my hip though.. But yes definitely agree with you...
 
Hi Deeleigh,
I‘m sorry to see you back under these circumstances. Since your issue has been ongoing, almost from the beginning, I’d definitely request copies of all of my records, to date, and seek a second opinion. Suffering the extensive pain you’ve described for this amount of time has to be exhausting. I hope you can get an appointment with a reputable surgeon soon in an effort to obtain permanent relief. We’re here for you...please keep us posted. Wishing you comfort as you seek resolution.
@Deeleigh
 
I agree with Pumpkln - you need to see a revision specialist. There is obviously something going on with that hip. And if your surgeon doesn't want to deal with it you need to find someone who will.
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom