Guest viewing is limited

THR Hernia or stem loosening

I do ice and yes the ice is what seems to help the most!!!!! Thank you!!!!
 
Hi Deeleigh. That electric shock pins and needles feeling is quite common. It may continue for a month or two. I still experience it every once in a while...usually a sign that I'm needing some magnesium. Here's some reading from our nutritional library.
Magnesium is a star

And I agree with your mom....too soon for leaf-blowing the yard. If you join the ODIC, you'll have lots of company, but no one is a happy member of that club. You really do sound like you're doing great; you want to keep it that way. Patience now pays off big time later.

Sharon
 
:hi:
It sounds like you're doing well @Deeleigh You're pretty active at only 12 days post op.
Activities such as leaf blowing the yard and attending outdoor music jams
feel a bit risky at this point in walking on uneven surfaces, possible divots / holes in the ground causing you to lose your footing. Wouldn't want to see you end up in the emergency room with a dislocation. You need to let that prosthetic settle in a bit. How's that for an attempt at child psychology on a grown woman? :rotfl:
In all seriousness PLEASE be careful.
A great weekend to you!
 
@Deeleigh
Just catching up on you and wow you're out doing and doing!?!
I'm going to add my cautions too (leaf blowing!) but am glad you're doing so well!
Feeling good helps us to overdo in these early days - be careful!
Cute doggie too
 
Thank you guys.. I go back to my doctor on Wednesday and get the tape bandage off and get a furst glimpse of my incision .. I am getting a very hard swollen very tender lump by it and wondering what for sure it is hope it's nothing major.. Went to a bonfire last night I am so glad to have no hip pain anymore it's like I have a whole new life!
 
Glad you're doing well @Deeleigh .....I've got my 2 week nurse checkup tomorrow, when I expect she will uncover the incision (put another dressing on or leave it uncovered?) and clip off the ends of the absorbable stitches (anyone know why they aren't cut off in the first place?) Mine also feels a bit lumpy, but I'm just leaving it to do its own thing, I expect the nurse will tell me if there's something out of kilter
 
Update!!! Went to my 2 1/2 week check up , got bandage removed.. Looks so good! Also I got 100% released to go back to work, drive "my Jeep with a clutch and I had left hip replaced!" , mow my yard and all regular activities! He said I have done so well I have no limits just to let my body know and tell me what I need! I'm so happy... Mushroom hunting here I come! So glad I had this hip replaced!
[Bonesmart.org] Hernia or stem loosening
 
Last edited:
awesome! I have a few more weeks before I get in my stingray...I worry it may be too low at first! Have fun picking 'shrooms!
 
Hi @Deeleigh
What a great visit. It sounds like you're doing really well.
Please be careful not to overdo. It's so easy, we see it happen often.
At two and a half weeks you're very early into recovery from a major surgery.
Your body has a lot of healing to do. Would hate to see you sidelined suffering a set back.
Enjoy the rest of week!
 
:yahoo: no hip pain is so wonderful, right?
So happy all is getting better.
Hope you have a Good Day!:) :-) (:
 
@Deeleigh Still early days my friend. Slow and steady is still the best approach. Listen to that hip and ease into any new activity. You are on your way!
 
Deeleigh,
I was allergic to the adhesive on my wound dressing and had similar issues with my incisions. I am 4.5 months out and still have some bumps and spots without feeling but all the sensations of heat are gone. It took a couple of weeks for my incisions to calm down after they reacted to the adhesive. Hope you are over those issues soon.
 
After not being able to mow my yard last fall you have no idea how good this felt. I had such pain the last 3 months before my surgery, I gave up almost every activity I ever did . This was such a good feeling!
[Bonesmart.org] Hernia or stem loosening
 
@Deeleigh ,
You'll notice that I have merged your newest thread with your original recovery thread. For several reasons, we prefer that you only have one recovery thread:
  • That way, we have all your information in one place. This makes it easier to go back and review your history before providing advice.
  • If you keep starting new threads, you miss the posts and advice others have left for you in the old threads, and some information may be unnecessarily repeated
  • Having only one thread will act as a diary of your progress that you can look back on.
So please post any updates, questions or concerns about your recovery here. If you prefer a different thread title, just post what you want and we'll get it changed for you.
If you need an urgent response to a question, just tag a member of staff.
How to tag another member; how to answer when someone tags you

Here are the instructions on finding your thread, How can I find my threads and posts? . Many members bookmark their thread, so they can find it when they log on.
 
Hi @Deeleigh
You're kind of like a recovery phenom. You're blessed...or lucky, or both!
I'm happy for you, just want you to be very careful.
After saying all that....I feel like this > :old: Hahaha!
Hope you're week is wonderful!
 
Yes, be careful. Don't want you going backwards now.
I get how great it is to do things without horrid hip pain, but very early days for you.
Don't want to strain things that are trying hard to heal up.
That outside incision is only a tiny part of what is trying to heal.
Hope your day is RELAXING:ice:
 
Happy One Month Anniversary!
Hope you're doing well....actually, I know you're doing well from your last post.
Afraid to ask what you've been up to :heehee:
I can only imagine :driver: :walking: :upright: :bicycle1:
Wishing you a wonderful week as you continue healing!
@Deeleigh
 
@Deeleigh
How's it going girlie? Oh I know probably time to mow that lawn again!?
Hope you're doing well on our one month anniversary!
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom