Guest viewing is limited

THR Here we go again!

WOW! How terrifying for you and your hubby !!! Soooo glad all is well, but
sorry you had to go through all of that !!! It must have been even MORE
scary due to the same thing happening to your Dad at your age! :sad:

As if you NEEDED all of this
drama right before a huge surgery?! :yikes:




He explained to me that, in his opinion, the results of the original ECG were due to lead misplacement which can mimic a heart attack.

Umm....THAT is scary !!! I hope whoever placed your leads is re-trained to
be SURE they're placing them accurately!


I had asked the consultant if I would still be ok for the op and he said yes because nothing has happened.
On Monday I reported this to the doctor who had called the 'heart attack' and she said she was 'not convinced'.

Results came back negative - phew! A lot more waiting then another ECG in the presence of a consultant which was normal.

Sooo, the doctor who's "not convinced"----I wonder what she thinks of your BLOOD WORK which pretty much PROVES your heart muscle is okay. Plus, you had another ECG. I'd be curious to know that is making her think something is wrong. Have you gone to her
for a long time, and totally trust her?
 
I have never heard of such a thing - a lead being misplaced and the staff thinking you were having a heart attack. Scary for you and your poor husband.

The curious part of me is wondering why they "aren't convinced." I think you need to have a face to face discussion of what happened and how your surgery will proceed. It is best everyone is on the same page prior to surgery, IMO.

Phew is right. So glad that your feeling fine.
 
@lovegardening Oh my goodness sakes! What an ordeal for you and your poor husband. But will say that the helicopter was very pretty with the bright greens and yellows.

I guess it's better to be safe than sorry but hopefully this doesn't delay your surgery. It shouldn't since you had cardiac specialists examining you and giving you and clean bill of health.

Wishing for you the very best outcome and come on September 3rd!!
 
My goodness LG... I was just perusing other Sapphires and came across your ECG account. What an ordeal. I'm happy you are well and looking ahead to surgery (and recovery). My second THR will be a week from Tuesday (9/7). I share both your anticipation of renewed pain free movement.... and anxiety over the 'what if's'. My surgery is outpatient at a surgery center (last time I was only gone from home 8 hours total). :flabber:
 
Sooo, the doctor who's "not convinced"----I wonder what she thinks of your BLOOD WORK which pretty much PROVES your heart muscle is okay. Plus, you had another ECG. I'd be curious to know that is making her think something is wrong. Have you gone to her
for a long time, and totally trust her?
Hello Puggles this was my first (and last!) encounter with this doctor. We are in a difficult position here as there is only one surgery on the island and the practice was sold as the last doctor retired. The new doc didn't work out and left and since then we have had a series of locums who come, create havoc and leave!
Many thanks for the best wishes - I just want it to be over then I can focus on recovery!
 
The curious part of me is wondering why they "aren't convinced." I think you need to have a face to face discussion of what happened and how your surgery will proceed.
Hello eaglemom a face to face discussion would be wonderful but this doctor isn't even prepared to speak to me on the phone - she asked another doctor to contact me instead!
 
@lovegardening But will say that the helicopter was very pretty with the bright greens and yellows.
Yes it was one of our charity air ambulances. We have two in Scotland funded entirely by donation - they got a big one from me! The guys had flown over from the East coast to get me - a 45 minute trip. It really upsets me to think of the expense of that totally unnecessary call out.
 
My surgery is outpatient at a surgery center (last time I was only gone from home 8 hours total). :flabber:
I do envy you! At best I'm looking at 3days plus night before as the journey to Glasgow is about 5 hours including 45 minute ferry trip. Coming back last time was harsh!
Are you having the minimally invasive surgery? That is done as day surgery in parts of the country.
Very best wishes for your op - so close together, we can meet up on the sunny side!
 
I'm looking at 3 days plus night before as the journey to Glasgow is about 5 hours including 45 minute ferry trip. Coming back last time was harsh!

Wow, that’s a trek, especially post op. Hopefully this time is more comfortable for you than the last. Wishing you all the best tomorrow and will look forward to your first update once you’ve settled in comfortably back home.
Hugs and best wishes!
 
Aaah thank you - just been having a chat with my surgeon. Theatre at 10am tomorrow then I'll be on the other side! Xxx
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom