Good afternoon--it's been awhile since I checked in but I've been busy. First of all, granddaughter DID make it into her ballet studio's annual "Nutcracker" production. She only has a very small part ("Little Mouse") but she'll be doing extra lessons and then rehearsals and then shows, ramping up heavily starting in November and certainly December which means we'll be hauling her back and forth to the studio or the event venue many, many times a week. We are glad we can do this as with two working parents she wouldn't be able to participate if we weren't available for chauffeuring duties, but it really does put a time crimp in our lives. However, what we do for the ones we love, right?
We went away for a long weekend as my husband's birthday was on Friday and we decided to go to Walla Walla, Washington--Washington's premier wine country! We stayed in a pleasant downtown hotel which faced onto the downtown's main street so very convenient. BUT...it was in an old building and the entrance to the hotel had a very steep staircase with 27 (!) steps going up and down. Wow, I found that really hard trudging up and down multiple times a day! We visited a number of wineries and, of course, my husband bought wine. I am a white wine drinker and the ratio of reds to white is about 5 to 1 so I didn't do a whole lot of tasting. But the wineries are often beautiful places, with nice tasting rooms and lovely grounds so I would wander a bit as my husband was schmoozing with the wine folks behind the tasting bar.
We had several nice meals out and I let my husband talk me into buying a new coat--reversible, which helped me justify the cost a wee bit. And he didn't really need to encourage me all that much. He spent a ton on wine so turnabout is fair play, right? Tried to do PT exercises in the hotel room but could only do a few (needless to say I did NOT bring my foam noodle with me), but tomorrow I'll get back on schedule again. Hips and thighs of both legs are aching tonight, probably due in part to a long drive home (5 hours, with one stop for lunch half way) and ton of walking and those dratted hotel stairs--oh, yeah, and fact that these hips are barely 3 months out!
Glad you were able to return to the elliptical,
@ahipgma I love that I can do it without any stress or strain on my hips, and hope to continue very gradually increasing both time and resistance at some point as I recover. Yup, listening to music and/or reading while flowing on the elliptical is totally the way to go--it makes the time go quickly, doesn't it?
And, oh,
@Going4fun You are so sweet to say I have a decent sense of humor. I try to keep my chin up, I think we all should, otherwise hip recovery and aging would be unbelievably grim and depressing some days. I am glad you enjoy my postings, and they sometimes make you laugh, and I'll take the kindly "supremo" accolade, a girl can't have too many compliments!