Barbaraj
supremo
- Joined
- Jul 23, 2018
- Messages
- 2,391
- Age
- 76
- Gender
- Female
- Country
United States
Now, now, @bickypeg--no shame allowed! We all struggle with movements that before hip nonsense were done easily and without thinking, and it's going to take time and effort to get back to a more active life with a stronger and more flexible body. I think a ton of us probably grab hold of a chair's arms, if available, to rise up and if no chair then we'll all hunch forward and stagger up. It's not pretty but it is what it is. But, it doesn't have to be that way always if we pay closer attention to what we're doing and make a conscious effort to work on doing it the right way. We're all going to get there eventually.
Today is raining--again--and feeling a bit mutinous about exercise when I got up (stiff, argh) and inclined to loll around in my bathrobe all day and feel grumpy. Fortunately, my neighborhood "gym buddy" who is back from vacation just texted me and we're off to the gym shortly for a workout. And then a "fun" trip to Costco which does involve lots of strolling through the aisles in a big store so that totally counts as exercise in my book. Husband is off to yet another football game late this afternoon so I'll be scrounging for leftovers in my refrigerator, and then "Vera" on PBS tonight and a new mystery downloaded on my Kindle to keep me occupied. Life's not bad! And I didn't come in last place at family game night. My goal is never to win (although that would be sweet) but just not to be in last place. Small victories, that's what I'm after!
Hope everyone has a relaxing start to their weekend--chins up, slap a smile on your faces, we're all one day further down the road of hip recovery! Cheers!
Today is raining--again--and feeling a bit mutinous about exercise when I got up (stiff, argh) and inclined to loll around in my bathrobe all day and feel grumpy. Fortunately, my neighborhood "gym buddy" who is back from vacation just texted me and we're off to the gym shortly for a workout. And then a "fun" trip to Costco which does involve lots of strolling through the aisles in a big store so that totally counts as exercise in my book. Husband is off to yet another football game late this afternoon so I'll be scrounging for leftovers in my refrigerator, and then "Vera" on PBS tonight and a new mystery downloaded on my Kindle to keep me occupied. Life's not bad! And I didn't come in last place at family game night. My goal is never to win (although that would be sweet) but just not to be in last place. Small victories, that's what I'm after!
Hope everyone has a relaxing start to their weekend--chins up, slap a smile on your faces, we're all one day further down the road of hip recovery! Cheers!
Good afternoon 
cleaning out the fridge, or something not too difficult outside. The day goes by much smoother and helps me to look forward. You have the right recipe, keep moving, doing things with family and friends, like your gym buddy, which makes each day closer to healing.