TKR Help! I've developed right hip pain 3 months after LTKR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
@sunny-island it has an upper pond that spills into a lower pond. It does so with five waterfall. Here is a photo of it, you can see 3 of the water falls.
[Bonesmart.org] Help! I've developed right hip pain 3 months after LTKR.
We also have spotlights for night time. To make a photo smaller I usually go to paint program on the computer. It has a resize option.
 
@tiredwife That's really beautiful! I love it. Tomorrow I'll try the paint trick, thanks for the tip.

@madinana Too much drugs! Hahaha... Totally understand. I was talking to a friend and told her I had had prescriptions for drugs I had only heard about on the news!
 
That is just beautiful - the lights make it so elegant. I'd sit there and stare at it with a cup of tea whenever I needed some peace.

Our gator is about 5' long. We've seen a baby out there now and then, too. Here's a picture of him on the banks right behind our house, and a couple of pictures of our pond.

[Bonesmart.org] Help! I've developed right hip pain 3 months after LTKR.


[Bonesmart.org] Help! I've developed right hip pain 3 months after LTKR.


[Bonesmart.org] Help! I've developed right hip pain 3 months after LTKR.
 
@sunny-island awwww your gator is so cute! Are you sure its a he? We have frogs! Your pond is bigger than our yard! Very nice! This is our fire pit:
[Bonesmart.org] Help! I've developed right hip pain 3 months after LTKR.
 
@tiredwife How in the world will you leave all that? Even if Missouri is humid, you have such a nice retreat. Do you roast marshmallows over your fire pit or just cozy up to keep warm? The brickwork is nice, too. As for "our" pond, full disclosure here, we back to it and we call it ours, it's just a few feet from the back of our yard, but it isn't ours. And that's a good thing as we don't have to maintain it but we get to enjoy it year round. Of course our gator is a "he". I don't know how I know but I'm sure he is... and I won't be doing any upclose checking either. Around here if a gator gets too big you call animal control and they come and get 'em. This one is just fine.
 
@sunny-island the bricks are over 100 years old! The seats are gliders. We roast marshmallows, and also have friends over to sit around it and chat. The fire pit area is at the end of the pond. Nice thing about a pond is it brings in frogs and the frogs keep most of the bugs out of the yard. Missouri isn't just humid it is HUMID, feels like you are breathing water. It gets really hot too! It is also cold and snowy in the winter. Plus our house is too big now that the kids have moved out and it has stairs, bed rooms in the top, washer and dryer in the basement! Don't want to be lugging laundry up and down those stairs as I get older.
Because the pond is that close you can call it yours! Can you go fishing in it?
 
@tiredwife Hundred year old bricks! That's great that you've reused them. I understand your wanting to move, though. We moved here from a much larger three-story house, which was too big for us, too. We knew we wanted a ranch house on water of some kind (not willing to risk being on the ocean, nor willing to pay those crazy prices but we're only 10 minutes from the beach). It's hot and humid here but doesn't bother me the way other humid places have. All I can think is that the ocean breezes help a lot. You're smart to want to get away from cold snowy winters. It's fun to start over - that's how it felt. We built this house so it's really what we wanted and everything is fresh and new. We gave away so many things, sold some, and then bought a few new things. But we're seriously considering moving again. Our kids wonder when we'll ever settle down.

No, we can't fish in the pond. It's stocked periodically with sterile carp to keep the water clean, I think and it's fed by rain runoff as well as recycled irrigation water so we wouldn't want to compete with the gator and the birds for whatever might be out there. We've seen some big ole lazy turtles, deer, wild turkeys, osprey and eagles as well as the occasional snake which I don't like at all.
 
@sunny-island We plan on pretty much getting rid of almost everything when we move, going to spend about a month camping on our way to Oregon. Having all the cats with us will be a pain, but we do what we must do, they are family. We get deer and raccoon in our yard all the time. Occasionally a snake too. Maybe you should move to Oregon!
 
I like summer, not necessarily hot hot. It's nice being able to wear shorts so many months of the year. Oregon is beautiful, though. One of our sons lives in Washington State. He loves it out there so we visit out there but it's kind of damp and there IS winter to contend with! I never want to own another snow shovel. Are you looking at the Oregon coast @tiredwife?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@kneeper Yes, I am doing well. Still get tired, darn it! My knee is so much better, though. It's time to start getting back into exercise before I completely fall apart. PT exercises aren't enough. I'll start slowly. Your most recent tkr was in June, are you back to normal?
 
I'm getting pretty close to normal, but I know I have a way to go. I can do so much more than just a few weeks ago though.
 
What's the deal with no heat on the knee? But when I take a nice relaxing hot bath (I have taken all of 3, total, so far) the hot bath water feels so therapeutic and wonderful. I swear it increases my ROM, albeit temporarily. So it stands to reason that a heating pad would do the same thing. No?
One would think so but in my experience it actually doesn't. But nothing's absolute. If you fancy trying a heat pad then do so but with caution just in case!! My take on it is that ice will restrict the circulation to an area. If it is newly traumatized - as in operated upon! - then the blood flow to the area will be extreme as will the lymphatic system. Swelling is fluid in the tissues - the fluid of partly blood but mostly lymph or tissue fluid. So restricting the blood flow obviously reduces the fluid in the area and thus the swelling. By the same token, applying heat will increase the blood flow with obvious consequences. But once the swelling is under control, heat pads or hot baths may well be pleasant and even beneficial. You just need to try it and see.
ROM is about 130-135 on good days) but I can do almost everything I want to do. The major exception is riding my outside bicycle.
That is terrific for 11 weeks! And the rest will come. Just be patient!
When something new comes up he asks me what Bonesmart says, or more specifically what does Josephine say?
Oh my giddy aunt! What a responsibility!
[Bonesmart.org] Help! I've developed right hip pain 3 months after LTKR.
 
I have a somewhat new issue: right hip. For the last few weeks I've noticed a pain in the right hip, opposite side from my LTKR. I assumed it was a temporary result of my right leg overcompensating for my healing left knee. It hasn't gone away. My right hip really bothers me when walking so yesterday I called the OS office asking if I should go back to PT. They want to see me today and take x-rays to try to determine what's going on. She said it might be bursitis but they won't know until they see me. I'm glad to have an appt so quickly. Has anyone else had this problem? I wish I could figure out a better way to get answers on this forum. Searching for "hip" on a site that includes THR is a non-starter!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom