THR Hdold joins the hippies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Helen..sounds like a great day.:). Enjoy your Mother's Day...."normal" clothes what is that??? lol It's comfy close all the way for me...With my restrictions why bother. Tttys :)
 
Hi all, its two weeks since my operation…..thought I would do an update…..

All going well, my pt was here today and passed me to walk around the house with no crutches, including going up and down the stairs……I am so pleased. I am still taking it easy…resting everyday…..I know its early days and I need to stay focus on the road to full recovery. What I am feeling at the moment is muscle pain….so much easier to deal with.

Today I went for a walk around our town common (about half a mile)….felt great.:happydance:

The sterri strips don't seem to want to come off……my nurse told me to leave them alone they will fall off in time.

I am only on one oxy at night…..still uncomfortable sleeping…since I cannot lie on my right side….and sometimes the muscles in my leg get very stiff. I am still taking celebrex and tylenol.

I am gearing up for my son's graduation this weekend …in New York……let's see how I will feel on Tuesday next week…….

I am very blessed with my recovery so far...
 
@Hdold Great update :yes!::yahoo:I was please to read you went out for a walk around the common that is so awesome. My nurse said the same thing to me..the steri strips will fall off on their own :). For your trip pack your ice packs and may I suggest a seat cushion for the car..You have done so well and I am so happy we hip buddies :).:friends::friends:
 
Wonderful news, @Hdold :)
You're doing great. The muscle stiffness does make sleeping difficult (I've still got it at 5+ weeks out), but it's getting better. I haven't found a good way to help it go though .. it seems that patience is the key.

Enjoy the walks. :walking:
 
Hi all….cannot believe its three weeks since my operation….things are going very well. My goal was to make my son's graduation in New York last Saturday…..I did make it ...and did great…..although New York is not a place to walk around with crutches…..people walk over you…..lol. I am very tired today but knew I would be.

So the sterri stripes came off …with some help. My incision looks good and is healing well. I am only taking celebrex and tylenol no more oxy. My pt passed me to drive today, so I drove with my husband….all went well.

My only issue is when I stand up I get a pain in my hip. When I walk a few steps it works it way out and I am pain free…..is this normal?
 
Great update my friend :) makes me smile. That is only pain i have and not really pain but when i get up im very stiff but will take 2 steps and it works it way out...All normal from what I have seen posted . I am so very proud of you and the goal u accomplished..wtg :) OH and driving wooohooo :) :friends::egypdance::egypdance::loveshwr:
 
Yes, normal... I have it at 5.5 weeks...
Hope it leaves.. Hate being stiff.
But much better than before!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
@Hdold what a wonderful report and you are doing sensationally well - so pleased you were able to make your son's graduation - apart from the great achievement for you in actually getting there you would have been so proud of him I am sure.
 
Hi all it's four weeks and one day since my operation…….I was going to do an update yesterday but had to go to the doctor……..not for me but my son who was diagnosed with strep throat……he was so sick. Of course being a worry wart I am concerned I am going to get it. :yikes: Strep is highly contagious…….so I will be very aware of any sore throat !!!!!

I continue to do very well. I am finished warfarin and celebrex……starting physical therapy tomorrow as an out patient. I am looking forward to strengthening up my leg/hip. People who don't know I had a hip replacement cannot tell when they meet me.

The only thing I continue to need is my afternoon rest. I sleep for 30-45 mins. I rest for about another hour in bed. I missed this rest on Monday ……yeah I went shopping……I didn't feel great on Tuesday morning…..but after my rest on Tuesday felt much better.

So as I have said before I am very blessed with my recovery…..Thank you to everyone on BS who helped me get through this…..:thankyou:
 
@Hdold. Great update. So glad you are doing so well. A month did go by quickly. I have my month doctors appt tomorrow. I will update tomorrow. Your the best. Sue



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Hi all, so I did something stupid today and want some feedback.

I was lying in bed my dog went to climb up over a couch got stuck and was clinging on…..I jumped out of bed….. my left leg landed on a step beside my bed (my bed is high) my right leg (operated leg) landed heavily on the floor. I didn't fall and didn't feel any major sudden pain. I am sore around my knee (I think it might have taken the full force)……and my calf…… made me start thinking how strong is my new hip after 5 weeks? Could I have damaged the implant? I assume if I did damage it I would be in pain immediately?

I have been so careful….and doing so well……By the way Bow my dog is fine……
 
I think if you'd hurt the hip, you'd know. You would be having pain. I'd say give it some extra rest, ice that knee, and see how you feel tomorrow. Things happen.

A couple weeks ago my hubby tripped over my crutches that were propped against the bed and he started to fall. I instinctively grabbed for him - not that I could have stopped the fall - but it's just what you do. Fortunately he's adept at "drop and roll" and wasn't hurt and I was sitting on the bed at the time and couldn't even reach him, so I was fine as well. LOL!
 
I am sure you are fine.. Ice and take some Tylenol. If you still have any pain in a couple days just see your OS . I am sure you did not do any damage .. I am happy puppy is okay:)


LTHR Direct Anterior May 19, 2014
 
Oh no my friend ;(...I hate reading that.......that is my biggest fear falling and dislocating. I agree with all the above comments...You probably fine, but if you are totally worried about it, call your doc, takes nothing for xray to ease your mind. I am glad your doggie is fine. Take it easy this weekend...lots of ice and rest.. and throw in a glass of wine or 2 :)............Hugs my friend....and feel better
 
@Hdold, you are PRECIOUS! You are definitely a dog mom. . . forgetting about yourself and concerned only about Bow!

Everyone here gives such great advice, I needn't add to it ! I just wanted you to know that I believe that God takes care of us in those "knee jerk" moments when we need to "rescue" His creatures!

❤️


Mercy1
LTHR 5May14
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom