Guest viewing is limited

TKR Hawthorne - recovery!

I'm sorry to hear this happened to you. Have you any idea what caused it?

Please can you tell us the date of your ligament repair, so that can be added to your signature?

This will set back your recovery a bit, but it's still early days for the knee replacement, so you won't be very far behind in recovery.

For now, rest, ice, elevate, and take your pain medications on time.
 
Thank you. I am 1 week post surgery and things seem to be progressing! I did not fall. The surgeon thinks I may have just moved the wrong way somehow! It happened on May 11.
 
Well, I'm coming up 2 weeks, since the torn ligament surgery. I am not really in pain (except from my RA). I am walking with a standard walker, full weight bearing now. I am still in hospital and in an immobilizer 24/7. I'm doing leg stretches and toe bends as well as ankle circles, in the bed. I am on IV antibiotics to prevent infection. My husband is at home, but cannot help me, so I will be sent to an intensive rehab facility, for a short time, before going home. I'm not allowed up, without a nurse, or a physiotherapist, with me. Slow progress - but progress!
 
:console2: Hang in there. Like you said, progress is progress. I hope your nurses are nice and are taking good care of you!
 
Back
Top Bottom