Having 2nd hip (RTHR) on February 23rd, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still recovering well. I do have a leg length discrepancy of about an inch to inch and a half, but my doctor told me my legs are the same length. Anyone else have similar results, and was there an improvement with time? Doctor said it could be spine or pelvis. Not sure if I will be dealing with this permanently or temporarily.
 
For those interested, I have found thithe 2nd recovery has been easier to deal with. I seem to be gaining strength faster and my gait is more sturdy now that both hips are well supported.
 
BionicWoman2.....so glad to hear that you're doing well in recovery. How about starting a new thread in the recovery forum so you can chart your journey there?
 
I do have a leg length discrepancy of about an inch to inch and a half, but my doctor told me my legs are the same length. Anyone else have similar results, and was there an improvement with time?
The good news is that in most cases this improves with time. Your pelvis tilts when you are trying to stay off sore hips. Once they are replaced, things need to balance again. Here's an article about it: Leg length differential - LLD Give it 3-4 months before thinking about any lift for your shoes.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom