TKR hamstring tendon is so tight that I can't do all my exercises

Status
Not open for further replies.
Susan,

You're quite welcome! Glad it helped.

If all goes right, I should be returning to work mid-October to the first of November. It will depend on what my OS says when I go to visit her again on the 14th. I would prefer the first of November, but we can't always get what we want. That will be about 9 weeks after my surgery. I'll be able to get up and move around and I'll still need to take some pain meds, but overall, it could be worse. I don't have to be on my feet all day which there is NO way I could do at all. Like yourself, I have difficulty standing for very long; sitting is not as bad thankfully.
 
Yes!! I know what you mean about the hamstring. I am working on extension too and the hanging off the bed became irritating to my hams too. :bow: So I switched to the sitting in a chair with footstool and small rolled towel, and now 5lbs of weight. Working up to 15 minutes non stop. Seems to just target that little lateral tendon and not the whole hamstring. Way better since I never had a tight hamstring problem.:)
 
Josephine, I have a desk job. And I'm really just guessing. Doc may say no, but I'm doubtful. I'm free to get up and stretch as needed. Then again, she may say absolutely not, but I'm honestly doing everything I normally would outside of work, just in limited function right now.
 
Okay, obviously it's your choice at the end of the day. But did you read the article I left for you? It lists a lot of things people have a tendency not to remember when returning to work. All of which can make 'just' going back a bit of a major event. Worth knowing and thinking about.
 
Josephine, you're absolutely right. I did not have the time to check the link which is on me because you obviously took the time to share that link with me and I should have read it before responding. The link brings up great questions and I will consider them greatly when I visit with my OS.

Thanks for the time you take to do this.
 
Try to wrangle a way you can elevate your leg a bit during the day if you can. Keeping your leg down after tkr is one of the tough things with a desk job.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom