Guest viewing is limited

THR Had left anterior hip replacement 3 days ago & home same day

I had the right done by a different surgeon back in July 2020 & this was a much better experience for so many reasons. Last time, I was supposed to have a hip resurfacing. It lasted for “20 minutes” before they converted it to a hip replacement which left me uneven. This time, I had a left hip replacement and was home within 12 hours. The dr fixed the length issues. I did very well after surgery but passed out briefly after acing the pt walking and stairs. They gave me lots of fluids and albumin and monitored my bp. I was able to get up a while after and was relieved to be able to go home. I have been dealing with pain that worsened the second day but the dr increased pain meds I am on. Has anybody else had pain when going home same day that got worse? Leg feels very heavy too. Just relieved to be home and to have had a better experience the second time around.

Day 12: has anybody had groin pain after anterior hip replacement? Been having some more pain in the area and wondering if it is “normal” after surgery. Seems to happen mostly when sitting or when I try to lay down. I’m elevating and icing a lot which is helping. Thanks for your feedback.
 
Yup, scared the :censored: out of me, "THIS IS WHY I HAD THIS SURGERY AND MY GROIN STILL HURTS?" But then it went away never to return. All part of the journey @Elisehip. Brighter days ahead, you are still VERY early in recovery.:flwrysmile:
 
Yup, scared the :censored: out of me, "THIS IS WHY I HAD THIS SURGERY AND MY GROIN STILL HURTS?" But then it went away never to return. All part of the journey @Elisehip. Brighter days ahead, you are still VERY early in recovery.:flwrysmile:
@FCBayern thank you so much for responding. :) I’ve been wondering if I should call my dr tomorrow. I’ll take some deep breaths and grab another ice pack:ice:
 
You got this @Elisehip! This is why BoneSmart exists, we all need some support through what is a major life changing event. I don't know how many times I would have completely freaked out without the support of this site through both knee and hip replacement. Stay with us and we'll root you on to victory! :yay:
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom