Guest viewing is limited

THR GTab Recovery

Hi, All. It’s been almost 7 months. My replaced left hip feels great- no pain. Very flexible. However, I’m having difficulty with my outer thigh muscle of surgery leg. It seems to hurt more now than the first 5 months. I favor my left side so much. Going up stairs really hurts; I have to take one step at a time going up. The muscles where the incision is seem to “clutch” or clench up. My replaced leg seems very heavy when I’m walking. Is it possible the muscles aren’t healing?
 
Hi @GTab
I had pain on the outside of my thigh at about 4 or 5 months and it stayed for a while. It didn't feel like a sore muscle- somehow it felt like something different. And I was sure it was something that had gone awry with my surgery.

But after my physical therapist suggested it might be that particular muscle had not been used in a few months and it was maybe waking up and angry for having to do some work, I thought about it and it made sense.

It eventually went away and I feel like my muscles have adjusted well. I don't know if that makes sense for your situation, but maybe something to think about.
 
Thanks, @Schaargi. That is encouraging. What type of procedure did you have, if I can ask?
 
Hi @GTab,
I had an anterior approach THR last June and have spent the last 9 months worried about every ache and pain I've had. It can make you paranoid!:unsure:
Hang in there!
 
Back
Top Bottom