THR Groin & Thigh Pain 5 Months After<

I know you like your OS but the first thing I would do is get a second opinion. And that OS should have no connections to your current OS. Tendon release sounds like a bandaid to me. If the problem is the cup it's needs to be corrected. Hard issues I know @remo7 !
 
@remo7 how are you and have you decided what to do? I see my surgeon again on Monday for what I think may be similar issues.

I have not. I am hoping and praying to put it off. I am seeing a pt fir the bursitis and it is helping. The back problems are a result of favoring my operated leg due to the bursitis. I have no idea what to do about pain meds for my other hip. Those opioids are a nightmare for me
 
It doesn't look like the cup revision is an option right now. He suggested that it be done posteriorally, but since I had the THR in July, 2016, he thought it would be too soon to have it done. He said it would compromise the joint this soon after anterior hip replacement.

I really like the OS, but I'm going to get a second opinion in the first week of April to see if the tendon release is best for my symptoms.

The pain seems to be getting worse every day. It's now not just in the groin, but in my upper thigh, and around the knee. Maybe the knee pain is from walking differently to compensate?

I had the same pain and it was from inflammation in my bursa
 
@remo7, what did you decide to do? I am in the same situation. My second revision surgeon is ordering a psoas injection as he thinks the psoas is rubbing against the cup. After looking at the x-rays and CT scan, he said that the cup is not seated into the hip socket deep enough, causing it to stick out. I am waiting for his office to call me to get that scheduled. He wouldn't answer the "what if" questions I have - (what does it means if the injection gives me relief and what does it mean if it doesn't give me any relief).

He said that I will need to have the injection in the morning and then an appointment with him the same day. Right now, I'm not sure how long in between the injection and the appointment will be.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom