United States
United States
United States@TKAA So sorry you are going through this. Have you ever had a reaction to adhesive? Please let us know how your appointment goes.
It's highly unlikely those blisters are the result of some type of friction. Usually they appear as a reaction to adhesives like the surgeons suggested.
Sometimes a home health therapist will remove bandages although this is usually done by your nurse. In most cases there are no problems. But, When she saw the blisters, she should have called your home health nurse in for a visit immediately so you could have been evaluated right then.
@Rick951 ... I suggest you not try to make yourself a "test case." Tell your medical team that you had a reaction to the dressing on your previous surgery so they can use an alternative.
@TKAA Yes, I would like to know what you OS / PA says. My OS had suggested I might have had some reaction to the adhesive also. But, where the blisters / ripped skin was in an area where the skin would have been affected by my moving. Kind of like a friction blister. There was no damage at the top and bottom. Just my observation.
I will be a test case in less than 2 weeks. I will not be moving the operative knee more than about 30 degrees till the dressing is removed.
Rick