Guest viewing is limited

THR Gotter done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waterman, I noticed a few twinges in my good hip the first week. I wrote it off as my good hip having to compensate so much- over work kind of. Haven't experienced anything in the last week.
 
Yep, I need another hip. Just dreaming it aint so. Man, my left hip feels strong again today, hope the same for you. I know you are itching for a jog, but give it some thought and more time. Elevate and let it all heal up...
 
Yep, I need another hip. Just dreaming it aint so. Man, my left hip feels strong again today, hope the same for you. I know you are itching for a jog, but give it some thought and more time. Elevate and let it all heal up...
 
If you need another thr, you will handle it with the same courage and strength you handled the first one. I know you posses these qualities because you couldn't get to where you are now otherwise.
I don't think I will ever jog again. Much as I dislike swimming, it may be my new go to exercise.
 
I had my first follow up aptt yesterday. Doc says I'm doing great and am ahead of the curve. I attribute my doing so well to about 80% my surgeon's skill, and 20% to me working hard and diligently at pt. This surgeon really is amazing. I knew he was one of the best in the state. While in the hospital I learned that people come from all over to have him do their surgery.
I lost 7 lbs since surgery. No clue how that happened. I figured I would have gained. I recently learned though that your body burns a lot of calories trying to heal itself.
 
Hey, Spencermm! I knew you were having a good recovery, and I have had success like you. My left leg feels strong, like ten years ago strong. You keep up the good work. For the first time in years, I actually walk because I want to, even with the right leg letting me down. Surgery for me again on June 9, and I am getting nervous. Yes, I have lost about 7 lbs. also. My appetite has changed since surgery. Haven't wanted or eaten red meat in weeks. Maybe my blood donor was vegan, lol. My daughter is vegan, so maybe I am learning a better diet/lifestyle from her. Best of luck to you, thanks for writing me...
 
Hey Hippies, got a question regarding fatigue.
I'm a 50 year old male, previously very active, and about 6 weeks removed from an anterior LTHR.
Just had a doctor appointment and he says my recovery is going well. I forgot to ask him about this issue.
I seem to be fatigued all the time. We bought a house- a fixer upper, about 2 months prior to surgery, so I have a ton of work to do. Problem is I work about 1 or 2 hours and I'm wiped out. Not hard work either- painting, moving some lite boxes, etc.
Just wondering how normal this is.
Thank you,
Spencer
 
Pretty normal, I am 10 weeks and i started to not feel so wiped out just a couple of weeks ago but that was with working on computer, physical work still wipes me out


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
got a question regarding fatigue. I'm about 6 weeks removed from an anterior LTHR. I seem to be fatigued all the time. We bought a house - a fixer upper, about 2 months prior to surgery, so I have a ton of work to do. Problem is I work about 1 or 2 hours and I'm wiped out.
Tough luck! I suggest you put that on hold for at least another 3 months.

I also notice that nobody gave you the recovery articles which you really need to read - specially the ones I have made bold.

First are the BoneSmart mantras ....
- rest, elevate, ice and take your pain meds by the clock
- if it hurts, don't do it and don't allow anyone - especially a physiotherapist - to do it to you
- if your leg swells more or gets stiffer in the 24 hours after doing it, don't do it again
- if you won't die if it's not done, don't do it
- never stand when you can sit, never sit when you can lie down, never stay awake when you can go to sleep!
- be active as much as you need to be but not more than is necessary, meaning so much that you end up being in pain, exhausted or desperate to sit down or lay down!

Pain management and the pain chart
Healing: how long does it take?
Chart representation of THR recovery
Dislocation risk and 90 degree rule
Energy drain for THRs
Pain and swelling control: elevation is the key
Activity progression for THRs
Home physio (PT)
Post op blues is a reality - be prepared for it
Myth busting: on getting addicted to pain meds
Sleep deprivation is pretty much inevitable - but what causes it?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom