THR Good day sunshine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update day 7. I came to rehab yesterday which is, as warned, moderately depressing. But i figure i am a consumer and will use it as long as it helps. Also didn't want my kids to scramble to find help. Which i dont need so much of but still. Feeling good. Getting around but taking it real easy one oxycontin in the morning and one at nite seems to do the trick so far. 10 mg i think. Had a mild run in with staff here. They like to wash the wound every day but. My dr said to cover it till staples are out. I prevailed. that's it for now. Am so very grateful its over and i'm healing thank God. And thank you all. Devorah
 
So pleased you convinced the staff not to touch your incision @dickinson. Your surgeons advice takes precedent :)
 
Glad all going well Devorah....good for you sticking to your guns....do hope rehab improves for you. Good luck. Chrissie xxx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
my scar never saw the light of day until it was time for the staples to be removed, good call
 
Delighted for you!! Sounds like full speed ahead -- but slowly.

Mine may be delayed -- check out my thread for explanation.
 
Staples out today. Walked outside with one crutch. No pain to speak of, maybe a few aches. And most importantly, going home tomorrow. All i can say once again is thank God. Hope to hear great reports from everyone.
 
Oh well done @dickinson....once you are home and in your own bed you can really move on....glad all well. Chrissie xx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
awesome.. once those staples come out it's onward and upward! enjoy!!
 
Good for you re the wound. There has always been one immutable, irrefutable law in orthopaedics - wounds never get uncovered until stitches/staples come out on day 14. Not no way - ever!
[Bonesmart.org] Good day sunshine
 
thanks everyone. yes home is so much better. I am totally amazed at how well it's going.2 weeks post op today. a little achy in the butt sometimes, but I found, as someone said, that I forgot a couple of times to use the crutch and now I pretty much don't need it, at least in the house. scar looking good, glad I stood up for my rights and thanks for the kudos. so keep the faith all. there's life after hip replacement surgery ! now I guess I have to start thinking about what I want to be when I grow up....devorah
 
Thrilled for you that your recovery is sailing long. Please consider changing your surgery year in your signature to 2014. Give yourself more credit :) God bless!
 
thanks for posting on this thread @Healthyhip12 . I haven't been here for awhile because everything's going pretty well. as I mentioned elsewhere, some annoying low back pain, but I keep thinking/hoping it's getting better. one bit of fortuitous information. I postponed my post op check up till this week because of my back. yesterday I spoke to my ex-hospital roommate who already had hers. she said the dr (not the surgeon, but the professor) checked her and, it sounds like, manipulated her leg to check ROM. she said it killed her when he did that and she was back to tramadol for a week after. I was very sorry to hear that but glad I knew about it before I went. he will definitely NOT do that to me. what could he have been thinking? anyway, I'm going Thursday and then i'll report back.
 
So happy to hear good reports! Hope your back feels better soon. Sending hugs. Peggy xo
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Back
Top Bottom