sheryl7
graduate
- Joined
- Jul 26, 2011
- Messages
- 916
- Age
- 57
- Gender
- Female
- Country
United States
I am so sorry to hear your I.C. is taking over your life.
I too do not know how i had gotten the last to staph bladder infections i got. Since then and before then, cultures always negative.
But been put on cipro a millions times, always feel better than worse once off.
There is therapy I have read about you may want to google it up, about being on low level antibiotics, but i am not up on it, so you make want to hunt and peck and see what you come up with.
I have wittled down on the amt of meds i have been on.
Still on quite a few though, the only one that seems to help the mirgarines nausea appetite, muscles, is plain old Valium,but they want to shove 5 or 6 other worse drugs that arnt controlled substances down my throat.
So I am at a loss.
I will be leaving my apt in a little while to see about getting some meds.
And will try to post when i get back a little after 1pm.
Meanwhile I hope you get to getting feeling better, find some answers, ask you uro about low level antibiotic therapy. Since you seem to feel better on it.
From just the fragmented memory of what I can recall about it, its not something you do forever. you do titrate off.
Oh yeah 200 mgs of nuertotin are not going to anything for you, in my opionion you may as well not be on it, no point in it, like a placebo. i am on 1600 mgs of it, and the only thing its helping is the bladder, only reason i stay on it. It does nothing for my sciatica.
I don't know how much longer I will be able to drive if the sciatica gets much worse. Now like you my hips getting affected, my lumbar stenosis is choking my nerves to death.
And i have not had a hip or knee replacement.
I think you just got the bad luck of the draw.
Some people like yourself, maybe me too ( dont know yet?) are more prone or more susceptible to fall prey to an autoimmune attack on our bodies if something new (thr) is introduced to it.
But I think me personally is more congenital in nature, i have always been sickly. you however only had this since your replacement.
I have an interstim in me does no good, will not have replaced again, prob removed if i can. However it is not harming me in the least bit.
I have ave a friend healing from her second stim, it keeps her alive and out of kidney failure.
But its been over 2 weeks she is still miserable, she is a slow healer.
I was fine with in a week of my revision, as far as healing.
i take that back, i did land in er with an infection 2nd day.
Body tends to forget the bad stuff.
But after that I was good to go, never helped any, but not hurting me, my body not rejecting it, its no the cause of all my malodies. And in my case as far as the gastropareis the diet is effective.
I do drink caffeine now, figured, it wasn't making no diff whether i had it or not, why its called the elimination diet, dont know til you reintroduce it. And not diff one way are the other.
Now the citrus, and tomatoes are no brainers for me got off those years ago. Now getting off them my not have helped much with ic, but it will make it a heck of lot worse to have. And its bad for my gut.
The gluten free casein free diet helps the gut. Ic not so much.
But in your case, in my opinion not a dr, your body seems to be rejecting that hip.
I am not dr, and i am not saying it is the cause. dont want anyone yelling at me.
But from all that you said, what else can it be?
If i dont have a knee replacement i will be in a wheel chair.
And I will have to take the chance on the knee working for me or not. Just keep my fingers crossed.
I will post later. Try to hang in there, why we got this forum to lean on each other, will be be praying you lose no hips, there are specialists out there I woud hope to prevent that from happening to you..talk to soon..
Hang in there
I too do not know how i had gotten the last to staph bladder infections i got. Since then and before then, cultures always negative.
But been put on cipro a millions times, always feel better than worse once off.
There is therapy I have read about you may want to google it up, about being on low level antibiotics, but i am not up on it, so you make want to hunt and peck and see what you come up with.
I have wittled down on the amt of meds i have been on.
Still on quite a few though, the only one that seems to help the mirgarines nausea appetite, muscles, is plain old Valium,but they want to shove 5 or 6 other worse drugs that arnt controlled substances down my throat.
So I am at a loss.
I will be leaving my apt in a little while to see about getting some meds.
And will try to post when i get back a little after 1pm.
Meanwhile I hope you get to getting feeling better, find some answers, ask you uro about low level antibiotic therapy. Since you seem to feel better on it.
From just the fragmented memory of what I can recall about it, its not something you do forever. you do titrate off.
Oh yeah 200 mgs of nuertotin are not going to anything for you, in my opionion you may as well not be on it, no point in it, like a placebo. i am on 1600 mgs of it, and the only thing its helping is the bladder, only reason i stay on it. It does nothing for my sciatica.
I don't know how much longer I will be able to drive if the sciatica gets much worse. Now like you my hips getting affected, my lumbar stenosis is choking my nerves to death.
And i have not had a hip or knee replacement.
I think you just got the bad luck of the draw.
Some people like yourself, maybe me too ( dont know yet?) are more prone or more susceptible to fall prey to an autoimmune attack on our bodies if something new (thr) is introduced to it.
But I think me personally is more congenital in nature, i have always been sickly. you however only had this since your replacement.
I have an interstim in me does no good, will not have replaced again, prob removed if i can. However it is not harming me in the least bit.
I have ave a friend healing from her second stim, it keeps her alive and out of kidney failure.
But its been over 2 weeks she is still miserable, she is a slow healer.
I was fine with in a week of my revision, as far as healing.
i take that back, i did land in er with an infection 2nd day.
Body tends to forget the bad stuff.
But after that I was good to go, never helped any, but not hurting me, my body not rejecting it, its no the cause of all my malodies. And in my case as far as the gastropareis the diet is effective.
I do drink caffeine now, figured, it wasn't making no diff whether i had it or not, why its called the elimination diet, dont know til you reintroduce it. And not diff one way are the other.
Now the citrus, and tomatoes are no brainers for me got off those years ago. Now getting off them my not have helped much with ic, but it will make it a heck of lot worse to have. And its bad for my gut.
The gluten free casein free diet helps the gut. Ic not so much.
But in your case, in my opinion not a dr, your body seems to be rejecting that hip.
I am not dr, and i am not saying it is the cause. dont want anyone yelling at me.
But from all that you said, what else can it be?
If i dont have a knee replacement i will be in a wheel chair.
And I will have to take the chance on the knee working for me or not. Just keep my fingers crossed.
I will post later. Try to hang in there, why we got this forum to lean on each other, will be be praying you lose no hips, there are specialists out there I woud hope to prevent that from happening to you..talk to soon..

Hang in there
