Going to have to walk the talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the same thoughts about the lunch. It's a table with place settings and the whole bit. I'm thinking no, but we will see.

Hospital acquired infections also affect accreditation. And if someone's there under Medicare, treating that infection or injury from a fall is not covered. And the hospital stands to lose thousands. It's a toss up of keeping people if they are stable and getting out those at high risk.

I'm so nervous today I've almost cried twice. I'm cleaning and organizing but the pain is 9/10 today but I can't sit still. I'm 41 years old and totally crippled up. This isn't coming a moment too soon.



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I think tears are normal and healthy. There is a tremendous amount of stress involved with life changing surgery. Even though we desperately want the positive outcome, we have to suffer through the pain of surgery and recovery to get there. And in the process we have to accept the help of others when we usually do it all ourselves (and I know it's hard for nurses to take their own advice!). For me, lack of control is a difficult concept to accept. I'm used to running at full speed and getting everything done, and this "relaxed" period is HARD. But it won't last forever, and life will improve. I see improvements every day, and so will you. There are so many people here who truly "get it" and can help you through this process when your loved ones have no clue what you are going through. We're here for you!:flwrysmile:
 
@GamsGoneWild
A lot to look forward to with your upcoming TKR on Thursday, Nov 20th. :SUNsmile:

If you'd like, this might be a good time to set up your post op thread on the recovery forum, "Knee Replacement Recovery Area".

And for your signature line, it's the ideal time to set up your signature with your TKR date.
You can look at others, but it would be something like your name, and which knee (LTKR, RTKR) and the date of surgery.

Instructions for adding a signature are HERE.
A signature with your surgery date will help all of us in responding as we'll know where you are in the recovery process.

All the best on Thursday!
 
Good luck with your surgery this week. Hope everything goes well. Mine is on 25th. I think we all have similar emotions but you sound as if it's exactly the right time as you have a busy life and too much knee pain.
Fingers crossed for your speedy recovery.
 
Thank you! The next few days are either going to fly or drag by.

I bought 6 foot iphone/iPad chargers. Where have these been?! I'm ready to be homebound! :)


LTKR November 20, 2014
RTKR sometime in 2015
 
@GamsGoneWild ,

The long charger cords are very handy! I especially love my rapid charger that I bought to go with them. Thought I would send a little humor your way; hope you like it! I felt like the picture with the first knee replacement, after the second, all modesty went out the window! :0)
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Going to have to walk the talk
    image.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 221
Good luck. I found this amazing forum 2 weeks before my TKR in December '14. The prep this site gave was a game changer and my cyro cuff became my best friend. Middle of the night blues was a real problem for me but being aware that this might happen really helped. Love the idea of longer iPad chargers. Need to get one as I am having a patellar resurface procedure on the same knee in 10 days. Will follow your progress.
 
@GamsGoneWild - thinking of you on your last day pre-op and wishing you a smooth surgery and quick recovery. It looks like you are prepared and have the right attitude. I am sure you will do well and be happy with your decision. Hugs and prayers coming your way.
 
I'm so nervous today I've almost cried twice.
I sobbed in the pre-op area. I openly wept and let all of my tensions out. I guess I had tried to be "strong" for so long that, on the day of my BKTR surgery, it all just overflowed!

Don't worry about crying---let it all out.

Soon, when you are fully recovered, there will be tears of joy!
 
Hi Gams,

I think you are very brave! It's just a matter of time for me to have to walk the talk for both knees and it's the scariest thing I've ever had to think about doing and eventually do. I get overwhelmed sometimes just thinking about it. Cry if you feel the tears, no shame at all in that. I cannot wait to see your thread on the other side and watch as you recover and post about not being held back by arthritic painful knees. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow. May the surgeon and hospital take wonderful care of you.
 
@GamsGoneWild , @Syl Dawn, and @Elizabeth U,

Tomorrow brings the start of a new life for all of you! Yes, there will be a few "bumps in the road" during recovery, but after that, the joy of being able to do things you haven't even thought would be possible!:yes!:

Life takes on new meaning again and a phrase that I use quite frequently will soon become an afterthought for the three of you! "I am off of the sidelines, and back in the game!":happydance:

Get ready to make a bucket list of things you want to do with your new knees and keep the list close.

Stay with us, and we will encourage you, help you, and lend a listening ear if you need to vent! We have "walked your walk" and we understand!:friends:
 
Excited for those of you having surgery tomorrow! I'll say a prayer for you! You'll do great! Yay!


RTKR November 25th, 2014
 
Thank you everyone!! I can't believe the day is almost here for us!! I woke up at 3:00am with my brain swirling. The day went so fast. I'm off to pamper myself with a luxurious, posh hibicleanse treatment and put together my toliet risers that were delivered today. Ahhh the glamour!


LTKR November 20, 2014
RTKR sometime in 2015
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Back
Top Bottom