Getting things ready for RTKR on June 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm joining you @Freedom for surgery on June 1. Maybe we can share notes on the other side. My surgery is scheduled for 9:30. I have to be at the hospital at 7:15. This afternoon I go for pre-op.
 
Oh wow! I had Pre Op on Tuesday. We do not get told our time until we get a phone call the night before, between 3 and 7 PM.

Hey, I just noticed, your siggy says June 9.
 
Me too with being a HSP. I've learned so much about myself from Elaine Aron's work. If this experience teaches us sensitive types anything it's that we can be assertive (in a nice way), and that we often find an inner strength we didn't know we possessed.
All the best to everyone with upcoming surgeries!
Love, Tabby xxx
 
@Freedom I forgot to change my signature. This is the second change I've had. I'll correct that right now! I spent 3 1/2 hours doing pre-op today. Now everything is ready to go.
 
Hospital just phoned. Surgery tomorrow at 1 PM. I am to arrive at 9 AM.

Much better than having to be there at 6:15 AM last January! But that also meant I had to scramble and change the person giving me a ride tomorrow. Neighbor I had lined up for a 6:30 arrival was taking me on her way in to work. Second person I called say yes, ok for 9 am. Whew!

When I go to the Post Op side of the forum, do I start a new thread or add on to my left tkr post op thread?
 
When I go to the Post Op side of the forum, do I start a new thread or add on to my left tkr post op thread?
You can do whichever you prefer.
If you decide to stay with just one thread, we can always change the thread title for you.
 
This is it. Tomorrow is my RTKR. Surgery is at 1 PM, I must check in at the hospital at 9 AM. I have my ride lined up, and my bags packed. I have my freezer jammed full. I have cans of fruit. The kitchen table and counter are stocked with dog food, dog treats, cat food, cat treats, and the prescription cat food one kitty needs; because my OS said no driving for 6 weeks with the right knee. Pet sitting business is all lined up to start tomorrow. Mail and newspaper on hold for 2 weeks. All bills paid. Laundry done (have to go down cellar for that). If you can sort out the time difference, please send me vibes / prayers (your choice) for 12:30 to 1 PM Eastern, for me to be surrounded by a fluffy pink blanket of calm and love. Talk to ya on the other side.

Thanks Celle, uva55, and TML.
 
I'll be in recovery when you are just starting. If my brain is functioning I'll send you some warm wishes!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom