Guest viewing is limited

THR Gazelle's A-Z - Anterior Hip Replacement Recovery Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
OCTOBER 1, 2014......DAY 2 in hospital

Good morning bone smart friends! It is 5:45 am....woke up at 4am ...not much sleep. I am getting Oxycodone every 4 hours, and Tylenol. My pain is minimal to none. This morning I feel more stiffness than discomfort. So different from having my knees replaced a year ago. THAT was painful from day one!:groan:

I HOPE to be going home today. PT will have me do the stairs etc, and hopefully give the OK. This is a nice place to visit.... but....there is no place like home! I have a lovely private room, I can even control the temperature myself! Everyone here is very nice, the personalities are interesting. Some nurses are sweet, some make me feel like I am asking so much to go potty...(they will not let me walk by myself yet.) Oh, well. What are you going to do? I am a very self sufficient person and asking to go potty is very hard for me!

My surgeon used a ceramic joint, no glue. I can do just about anything except back bends( no worry there!) no restrictions. I walked 150 feet in the hallways yesterday. Everything felt great. No nausea or dizziness since surgery. I actually feel normal. it feels good to get out of bed and MOVE! My back does not like laying flat for so long.

Will update later as far as going home or not. Talk soon! Joan:SUNsmile:
 
@gazelle7777
You are doing well :) No pain & walking already :yay: I hope you get to go home & see
Lola :puppysmooze:
Thinking of you :friends:
All my Love,
Diana :loveshwr:
 
Hey hippie mate! Sounds like are you are doing great. I am having muscle pain from the stretching they did to even out my LLD. But all is tolerable. Won't be going home until Friday though. :whistle:
 
@Jaycey
I see you have just had surgery, May you continue on your recovery path, pain free &
Seeing improvements every day :) I am from the knee side, but am following Gazelle.
She had BLTK the day after my surgery.
Thinking of you both,
Best Wishes,
Diana :loveshwr:
 
Looks like I will go home this afternoon after PT. They unhooked my IV, will unhook my drain next....then hoping I will be able to put some real clothes on and get out of this gown. Will update later today from hopefully my own bed. :praying:. Joan:SUNsmile:
 
@gazelle7777, wow! You are rocking this new hip, too! You and @Jaycey are setting the bar awfully high for those who follow in your footsteps! So happy for you and welcome to the other side! Life begins NOW!! :happydance:
 
So...it is 3:00 PM..October 1st...just 24 hours ago I had just got to my hospital room after surgery. Here I am home in my own bed, leg elevated, ice pack on...resting just one day later! I can not believe I am home and doing so well! All the nurses, OTs and PTs could not believe I could get up and about so fast using crutches. I have a walker as well, they both come in handy. This hip was SO much easier than my BTKR. I only wish I had done them both now. So, going to rest , have a nice dinner as I really have not eaten for 3 days... And heal. We will see how I feel tomorrow, been really busy today and probably over did it some since getting home. Talk to you tomorrow!:sleep: Joan
 
Fantastic report...but do take it easy won't you & let that new hip heal! X


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi @gazelle7777 - Best Wishes for a speedy recovery and a good night's rest tonight...take it easy and just rest, elevate, and ice!!
 
Gazelle7777,
Wonderful you are home already and comfortable. Take it easy follow the Mantra, and you will be on your way to recovery.
 
Great to hear. Very encouraging for someone who is going under knife in 5 days!!!!
 
Joan @gazelle7777 so happy you are doing very well -- keep us up to date -- 14 sleeps for me!

:flwrysmile:​
 
Glad it's all over for you. You need to rest now and take things slowly. X


I had THR on 15 September 2014. Had to have a bone graft due to protrusion into the pelvic bone. Also found out I have "soft bones" and therefore have small fractures on my femur due to operation.
 
So glad you are home now! Don't over do now! You are home to recover.
 
Great news from you and congratulations. You are easing my apprehension. I go in 2 weeks. Good luck with a quick uneventful recovery.
 
@hzootz worry not! I had my op yesterday a well. Already up and moving around on my own! Yes, it's major surgery but with guidance from the nurses and physio you will be amazed at your progress!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom