Guest viewing is limited

THR Gail's smiling ok!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dobeck, this will be a memorable night for you, for sure! I'll hope along with you that you keep your power. How close to shore are you? I've been to downtown Baltimore. I think it would be awful to be without electricity for any amount of time. My sister is assuming that she won't be coming at all. She's expecting a lot of flooding in her area, so even if flights go out later this week, she might not be able to get to the airport. We're just hoping we can get a refund, since this is such an unusual situation.

Our daughter is just south of DC. She hasn't been very informative about what she's going through! She has to make decisions about the store she manages - when to close, how to open without electricity...
 
Hi Gail! Did your sister make it? I am one week ahead of you and still need my oxycodone. My PT told me to massage my incision with massage cream ( I use the ultimate healing cream). He also uses heat to warm up my muscles before exercise. I took my stri stips off after 3 weeks because they were dirty! Hope all is well and Happy Halloween!
 
Hi Catherine! I still need the oxy too. I think I might do ok with ibuprophen, but I'm on Coumadin for six weeks. I get more sore with more PT exercises. I'm down to one steri-strip and starting to massage. What is ultimate healing cream? Is it a brand? Right now I'm just using something I had on hand, but will be buying something with E in it tomorrow. What walking aid are you using? I'm using a walker, but take a few steps here and there without it. However, they are limping steps, so I know I'm not ready yet.

My sister is without electricity, a tree fell on her house [actually both sisters had trees on their houses], there's flooding, and no stoplights on the highways. Her original itinerary was from Newark airport. Delta rebooked her for a flight from JFK tomorrow, and she is in central Jersey! We applied for a refund. Surely they'll have to take conditions on the ground into consideration - I hope. We also happened to buy trip insurance, and it's possible that might kick in. Just have to wait now.
 
Hi Gail!
I am sorry that your sister's trip was cancelled, but I am glad she is OK! I hope the tree did not cause too much damage and that being without electricity was an adventure rather than a hardship.
I looked to see what ultimate healing cream is and it appears it is a natural cream full of ingredients I know nothing about! It seems to be doing the trick, but I wouldn't buy more of it at $20 a jar. (Ah, yes, at fair and fell for the sales pitch. Thought it might help my aching hip pre op, but it did not. ) I just need to use it up.
You keep doing those non limping steps! I am having to relearn how to walk. Slow and steady wins the race and also makes the journey quite enjoyable! Happy Friday!
 
I wound up buying Palmers Cocoa Butter with vitamin E. It is extremely thick, and sure makes the scar look happier! It's so thick that it won't come out of the pump - I have to dig it out!

My sister has already gotten someone to take down the tree, and the insurance adjustor has been there - looks like they'll be ok, but still no electricity or heat.

I had my knee replaced about 16 months ago. Although I definitely have less pain with the hip, I feel overall weakera d think this is going to take longer to feel fully recuperated. Oh well, you're right - we'll get there eventually. They are switching me to hydrocodone when I run out of the oxy. I think that will be fine. Also, I found out today that I'll only be on coumadin for another week. Can't wait to get rid of the TED stockings this week too!

Keep up the good work :) !
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom