smithyknee
junior member
- Joined
- Sep 2, 2023
- Messages
- 24
- Age
- 67
- Gender
- Female
- Country
United Kingdom
New update........
Just over 11 weeks now and still very slow progress. I know I Am making some progress but it is that slow I don't notice. I do worry that the whole thing has not been successful as I have not yet reached the level of mobility I had pre op....
Tempted by glorious sunshine on Monday my hubby and I visited a National Trust property ( those of you not in UK - an old house and gardens!) and I was careful, didn't walk too far, rested on benches regularly, but it appears I did do too much and since then my knee has been hot, inflamed and very uncomfortable. I have been icing, elevating and resting. But I admit I am fed up now!
I can get in the car easier, I can sit down for longer, I can cook dinner, do a bit of house work, I can't bend my knee that much and I obviously can't walk too far. I need to know I am doing OK........
Just over 11 weeks now and still very slow progress. I know I Am making some progress but it is that slow I don't notice. I do worry that the whole thing has not been successful as I have not yet reached the level of mobility I had pre op....
Tempted by glorious sunshine on Monday my hubby and I visited a National Trust property ( those of you not in UK - an old house and gardens!) and I was careful, didn't walk too far, rested on benches regularly, but it appears I did do too much and since then my knee has been hot, inflamed and very uncomfortable. I have been icing, elevating and resting. But I admit I am fed up now!
I can get in the car easier, I can sit down for longer, I can cook dinner, do a bit of house work, I can't bend my knee that much and I obviously can't walk too far. I need to know I am doing OK........


