Guest viewing is limited

THR Four Weeks Since Surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nogods - wow, the scenery is beautiful and you actually inspired me to go for a walk and grab an ice cream come along the canal near by. I think I'll make it a habbit.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@nogods, great idea to set a "stop pain" threshold, beyond which you will not go. I'm gonna "steal" that idea to use! Otherwise, it's too easy to push a little too far, and pay for it later. I'm with you, slow and steady does it ...
 
@PA Gal Yes, the older I get the more I learn I'm not going to be able to simply ignore a rehab induce injury like when in my 20's and 30's, so I have to avoid them. I believe there are two types of pain - the first type is the pain you experience while breaking down muscle and scar tissue in the course of healing. The second is the pain you feel while causing non-healing damage to your body.

Because it is not easy for me to tell the difference between the two, I pick a pain type or level that I believe is well within the limits of the first so that I don't venture into the second. That may increase my recovery time a bit over what it could be if I pushed to the edge of the first type of pain, but it also avoids inadvertently crossing the line and suffering an even longer setback.
 
Nogods - wow, the scenery is beautiful and you actually inspired me to go for a walk and grab an ice cream come along the canal near by. I think I'll make it a habbit.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

@Keecamp Did you get the cone - what flavor?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom