TKR Foot numbness, tingling, zingers

Thank you! The Gabapentin is working to a certain extent, but I’m going to have to start taking it in the daytime also. Frustrating and hoping it will be short-term. On the other hand, or knee to be more exact, all my steri strips have fallen off and the incision appears to be closed. So I’m hoping to get back to the pool soon.
 
I’m hoping to get back to the pool soon
Be careful when you first get back into the pool. It's very easy to overwork your knee and not realize it until it's too late. Water adds resistance, which is like adding weights to your leg. Your knee is still a baby and too young for weights. I went back to the pool at about 3 months and swam only a couple of laps. My knee was awful for a couple of days and bad for another week or so. I waited another month before trying it and then I didn't have any repercussions. Of course, I started back really slowly and took my time building up my time.
 
Oh, that’s frustrating to hear! I was thinking I would start out by doing my standing exercises in the pool, some bicycling holding onto two kick boards (they don’t have noodles) and then if my foot can tolerate it, some walking with my fins on, followed by some gentle supine kicking with my fins on and holding a couple of kick boards for support. I thought I would do this for two or three weeks and then try some swimming.
 
I happened to see your post about foot nerve pain and tingling. I had a THR 2/22 (and am generally on that forum). The opposite foot has tingling but no significant pain. This has been the case since 2/22. The tingling and parasthesia had been significant for months and I too had very little luck with my very junior OS. I finally got to a very well known and respected neurologist who took me vastly more seriously. It is often not easy to get in, but to me it was very important. I have had specific exercises that seemed to have helped and again I am fully aware that this may not be appropriate for you having had an entirely different surgery. Again, my issue has not gone away but it does seem a bit better at times. Again it is not a pain issue but one of paresthesia.I would really really see if your doc could make a call to see neuro.
 
Thank you! I just started seeing a pain specialist who prescribed me Gabapentin. Unfortunately, it’s not giving me much relief or sleep at night. During the day it frequently knocks me out. Go figure! I’m not afraid to see a neuro guy. Went to one some years back for my restless legs and he knew straight away what to do. This pain is knocking me hard though.
 
My Doctor gave me Lyrica along with oxycodone and Tylenol. He said the Lyrica would help with nerve pain and spasms. I never really had bad pain.
 
Happy Two Month Anniversary!
I hope you're feeling better since you last posted.
Please leave an update next time you're on the forum, we'd like to know how you're doing.
Wishing you all the best.
@Sherwooky
 
Back
Top Bottom