ERDocsMom
Insider
Thank you! I do not have a firm date as of yet. My first appointment is August 16th and I hope to get a firm date at that time. I am told the surgery takes place approximately 8 weeks after the visit.Infection really is a rare complication, so try not to worry. Easier said than done.
Consider doing all that you can between now and October to ramp up your immune system.
Per Cleveland Clinic, as one example, things to include in your diet.
Fatty Fish - Herring, Mackerel, Salmon, Sardines, Trout.
Citrus - Oranges, Lemons, Lime, Grapefruit
Garlic, Ginger, Turmeric,
Broccoli, Bell Peppers, Spinach.
Yogurt, Almonds, Sunflower Seeds to name a few and a good probiotic can’t hurt either.
Wondering if you have a firm October date for surgery yet that we can add to your signature?
Lots of comfort and all the best to you as you wait!
@ERDocsMom
I am on a good probiotic and am already trying to eat most of what you suggest. Taking tumeric and ginger supplements too. Thank you so much!
Kathy
United States