TKR Five months on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Lisa. I am doing really well. Back to normal life now. Walking my dog daily and no pain in knee or muscles. Looking good.
How about you? Its our winter here...been zero degrees in the hills and a lot of snowfall south ern areas...
Jill
 
Hi Jill! That is awesome, you had a wonderful recovery. You must be loving it! What kind of dog do you have?

I am doing okay. Had my second TKR two weeks ago today. Seem to be in more pain this go around but my ROM is better. I am so looking forward to having it all behind me and taking my dog for his daily walks again!

The weather here has been lovely. Warm and sunny with a bit of rain to cool things on when the humidity gets too high. Enjoy your winter!
 
Hi Lisa.
Good on you! Hope all goes to plan and no surprises..
My dog Zeke is a Finnish laphund.He's a gentle very fluffy boy. Almost husk like but black and tan..brown eyes. Bred to herd reindeer in Finland...I tell my grandkids he's Santa's dog...hehe
Jill
 
I looked up Finnish Laphund on google and OMG what a gorgeous dog. Looks like a fun breed too.
 
He'sas sweet as pie Lisa. The best inside dog for a big dog...hhe's very gentle with the L D's...loves company..and other dogs as long as they don't try to eat his food.
He bounces around like a puppy...we all k ve him so very much.
Jill
 
Hi Lisa...how is your new knee behaving? I'm up to 11 weeks post op now. Just noticed a stiffness in my knee this weekend but I have been very busy so I gather its complaining....I had my gran girls birthday bash with Cecil B De Mille proportions on Saturday...Was so much fun as we held it in a local park and the forty kids raced round like loonies for a few hours...no junk food and lots of tames and activity so I'm sure there were a whole bunch of thankful mums afterward.
Then Sunday I had two church meetings in which I sang for the worship team...and then dinner out at a friends place after all this...
I'm really feeling it today but a greatcsrnse of achievement as well..I could never do this with my old arthritic knee. Will just give her a rest today..hehe
Get well soon and back into.life..you won't know yourself.
Jill in Oz


My six year old invited her whole class plus sibli g
s plus teacher and the fouryearold
 
I am doing pretty well thanks Jill. I had my first knee done the same week as you had yours done, mine was on May 5th. I still get a lot of aches in that one but nothing compared to the arthritic pain I used to get or the pain I am getting in the one I had 10 days ago :). I am so looking forward to the days when I don't think about my knees at all. I hope that is soon.

Sounds like quite a party for a six year old. I can well imagine what her 16th will be like! :wow: Good thing you are resting it now after that party plus all of the other activities.

Are you still doing hydro and physio? Are you back at work? It sounds like you are ready to take on the world! I know I have said it before, but you inspire me!

Have a great day!
 
Hi Lisa,
I retired from my career a few years back and luckily don't have to work now...one thing good about being a senior in Oz!
I came out of a nursing and admin background so did my knees in before the no lift policy came into force.
I help out one of my daughters with her two little girls...We share a house in Coffs Harbour. Its a beautiful beach side town in Northern NSW. Banana growing country...maybe similar to Florida climate..
I am feeling it todayknew I over did it but had such a great weekend...
Its pretty cold here today///mid winter and about 18 degrees but the wind has a chill factor of much lower.
I wont be going to Hydro anymore but as Summer comes will get back into the water.
Nice chatting to you Lisa. Hang in there and keep elevating that sore knee and icing it...
All the best Jill Langtree
 
Hi fellow TKR people! I'm well past five months recovery and life is pretty good.
I'm walking without pain for first time in over twelve years and have really good flex..can even dance now...so good!
The numbness on outside of knee is finally going and I can feel the new knee and its just like a real one, not painful to touch but nerves are working again.Pretty awesome!
I do have a dry flaky patch of skin on that area outside of knee. Its oblong shaped and annoying. I find golden seal ointment soothes it.
Otherwise all seems to be normal. I can't kneel but that's OK...I pray sitting now!
My left knee is starting to wear...I reckon I'd go again if it works as well as my right knee replacement.
Thanks to all the support we get thru Bonesmart! I've put a few friends onto the site. Will keep touching base every few months... Love Jill
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Lily2450 Sounds great! Hubby's first knee is about 4 weeks younger than yours. It is doing good too. It gives him very little problems. His second knee is 11 weeks old, and is still stiff, but is getting better.
 
Sounds like you are doing well. GREAT!!! Thanks for posting.

You may notice that I have merged your three recovery threads. We like to keep our members' recovery posts all in a single thread. That way it's easy for us to go back and read your history before responding to a question or concern. In addition, the thread becomes a journal of your recovery for those who come along later and want to read about you. So, please post in this thread from now on when you want to give an update or ask a question. If you decide you'd like a different thread title at any point, you can change it by using the Thread Tools button at the top right of your screen or just post what you want here and we'll get it changed for you.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom