TKR Five Months Later

Also, could I change my title to Five Months Later? Thank you!
 
Any ideas how to help what I think is muscle pain inner thigh just above the knee? Thought I overdid it walking in pool but it has been a few days now and still really sore.......
Maybe you overdid it more than you thought.

I was 5 months post op when my son got married. The wedding was 90 minutes away from where I live, so over 3 days there were long car rides, too much standing, chairs an uncomfortable height for my knee, etc.

We didn’t come home the night of the wedding but stayed with friends who lived close to where it was, I forgot my ice packs and she didn’t have anything suitable, so I couldn’t ice after a very stressful for my knee day.

So, my long winded point is, your knee can still get upset at 5 months.

I hope you feel better soon.
 
You are probably right....I keep trying to do a little more every time I feel a little better...have to remember patience and time are the key!
 
Ice packs for swelling and knee zingers and heating pad for thigh and muscle cramps help too.
 
A PT coming to the house would be a luxury indeed!
Hopefully he/she will be gentle and tailor a program just for you. Go gently and you will get your Rom and ext in no time.
 
@GRINGOGIRL Do PTs not come to your home the first couple of weeks after a TKR in Canada? I chose not to do PT this time around, but if I had chosen to, one would have come on a regular schedule for at least two weeks, depending on my recovery, and then, if I had chosen to do so, I could have gone out to PT for as long as my OS the PT and I decided I needed it. In the past when I chose to do PT, they did come to my house for at least two weeks, then I was able to go to PT at the hospital. I think that's more usual here in the USA than unusual, from what I've heard others say and from my own experience.
 
Back
Top Bottom