Guest viewing is limited

Finding surgeon who will do my knee replacements

@Josephine
Hello Josephine, I was wondering if you had had any luck finding me any surgeons to try, please. I realise you must be very busy. Regards, Margaret.
 
So sorry - got hit by the dreaded lurgy going round!
[Bonesmart.org] Finding surgeon who will do my knee replacements
 
Hi Josephine, my BMI is 40 so I’m in a similar position to you, but I’m terrified of having surgery. I’m meant to have surgery on the 9th and I’m getting cold feet. I keep thinking that I should put the surgery off until I drop more weight but it's so hard. I am like you, I don't have one good leg.

I’m getting the right one done first and it doesn't straighten properly and the left is clunking along. I need these knee replacements but I’m so afraid. I hope you can find a surgeon who will help you, living in pain is no fun.
 
@Shanny63 , I am so sorry to hear that you are having second thoughts. I feel that we should all remain positive about the outcomes of our surgery, at least that is what I tell myself.. Did you have any trouble getting a surgeon to take you on? I would love to get on with the job as soon as possible, and I hope to find a surgeon soon. I have been looking at the costs of getting surgery done abroad,and yesterday I told Hubby that we were going to Lithuania, and then when he came down from the ceiling he gave me a real telling off!!! I've gone off that idea now. I will be thinking of you and wishing you well on Feb.9th. Hope all goes well.
Terrible pain at present with sciatica as well as both knees, maybe I'll get a wheelchair as I can only walk a little way now. We all have such problems,gone right off our local man, I'm sure he is a sadist!
All the best.
 
Dear Josephine, I hope you are well again now.. I think it must be too hard to find anybody interested in my problems now, however thankyou for your previous effort. I won't trouble you again. Take care and i hope you are well again. Best Wishes. Margaret Gibson.
 
:scratch: Sorry, I could have sworn I dealt with this. I'll post information tomorrow.
 
Well, here we are at last! I spoke to our local private clinic, The Washington Spire and got quite a bit of information.

So here it is:
1. the surgeon I recommend is Mr Shaun O'Brien - worked with him for several years and he did both my knees
which have been very successful​
2. he doesn't practice any exclusion regarding BMI. Indeed, when I had my knees done, my BMI was 46 each
time. I also nursed a patient whose BMI was 63 (400lbs) and she did terribly well.​
3. the cost for a primary consultation would be £250
4. the stay in hospital would be 3-5 nights barring complications
5. the basic cost would be £12,970 all in excluding additional treatment for any complications

I suggest you either phone the clinic yourself (0191 415 1272) or Mr O'Brien himself (0191 418 8636) and discuss any other issues you want to know about.

If you want to stay the night for the consultation, there is an excellent Holiday Inn not very far from the clinic.

I believe you can also get a very cheap flight to Newcastle Airport for about £30 and I would be more than happy to be your taxi between the two points!
 
Thankyou Josephine. I have been ill these last 3 weeks,I have a lot of lumbar spine problems, but thanks for that info Josephine. I will do some considering now.
All the best.
Margaret.
 
Oh dear - so sorry to hear that. Hope you're a bit better now?
 
Back
Top Bottom