Hope you get some rest after your sleepless night! Sounds like you are doing all the right things for that new shoulder. Getting back behind the wheel must be bliss. Enjoy!

I do sometimes use new potatoes in my salad. But in this case I was trying to use up some taters that had been around for too long and needed to get eaten. Those old skins were plenty thick! It's okay....I'm just like all of you in that I test my limits after surgery too. I actually got a chuckle the next day when I renewed my membership in the Over Did It Club (ODIC).I am reading this for information, Jamie. I just had a knee replacement, but I also have bone spurs in my right shoulder and am afraid that will be next! By the way, re:your tater caper- I hate to peel potatoes, so I just use white or red new potatoes in my potato salad, no peeling!
United States

... With my 2nd shoulder replacement my surgeon did range of motion measurements after I was off to LaLa Land ..... and needless to say they were not good. I could (when not under anesthesia) barely lift the arm above my waist .... and that hurt horribly! First visit after surgery they again measured ROM ..... I could already raise it to shoulder height! With very little pain! Don't know if in the OR measurements were done with the first shoulder but that surgeon was very pleased and happy with my ROM ...as am I .... putting dishes up on the shelf now is easy and effortless 