THR Feeling great so far

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good news. Initially, once I could use the cane, I shared cane and walker use. Gradually I replaced the walker. For longer walks I used the walker for few weeks.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk
 
so I will walk more and skip .....

I read this wrongly as if you were walking and skipping, conjures up a lovely image!

Well done on your recovery it is great to read the complex and the straightforward.
 
I read this wrongly as if you were walking and skipping, conjures up a lovely image!

Well done on your recovery it is great to read the complex and the straightforward.
LOL:heehee: I hadn't really thought about skipping but....hmm. Not yet.
 
My first week I was exhausted and wanted to sleep all the time. Didn't have much appetite either. By the weekend I was bored, ravenous, worried about my horses but still very tired and couldn't get up the energy to go via golf cart to the barn. My son finally made me go over and give out treats while he did the work - major mental reset : ) Today is Week 3 and I'm doing pony feeding chores : ) Used Poppet's nutrition posts this morning to make a yummy shopping list.

Patti in Vail AZ
 
well day 14, went for my first drive, didn't actually intend to. home nurse took clear bandage off today. she saw a little drainage. she called drs. office and they said come so they could look at it. I called all my drivers and noone was available. I was cleared by PT yesterday to drive but I really wanted to wait until this weekend to try it. Well it was only 5 mi. so I went for it. Fortunately incision was OK so really didn't need to worry. Said just keep an eye on it. Getting along great with a cane. very little pain, just some along outside of knee. No more pain killers except tylenol 3-4 times a day. a little tired in the afternoon. Will try to make my self nap.
 
Been away for a while. Its been 6 weeks. Had to drive out of necessity after 2 weeks and that went well. Gave up the pain meds after 1 week. (just a tylenol once in a while). Went back to work 2 days a week after 3 1/2/weeks. Accompanied a group of special ed. students to the National Cherry Fest. for 2 days, 3 hrs each day. First day was volunteer work for the kids picking up trash. My cane worked great as a pointer for pointing out bits of trash for the kids. It was not as hard as I thought it would be although I was very tired by the time I got home. Now I have very little pain. Just a little stiffness in the front of my thigh. not using cane anymore. Doctor said I didn't need PT, but now I'm not sure how much to do, and which stretches are safe. I really would like to stretch my quads but not sure if I should. Doing alot of walking. He said I could ride my bike as long as I use easy gears and do go up hill. Sat in my kayak out in my yard just to see if I could get in and out(I could). One thing troubles me is I sometimes feel like I'm leaning, like my op. side is shorter. Sometimes I am told I am limping even though I don't realize it, not because it hurts, but because that side feels shorter. Going to chiropracter to make sure pelvis is straight. On bright side no pain at all.
 
gogreen,
Be sure the ask the chiropractor to also measure your leg length discrepancy. It could be an actual LLD, or just because your pelvis is not aligned.
 
You may notice that I have merged your two recovery threads. We like to keep our members' recovery posts all in a single thread. That way it's easy for us to go back and read your history before responding to a question or concern. In addition, the thread becomes a journal of your recovery for those who come along later and want to read about you. So, please post in this thread from now on when you want to give an update or ask a question. If you decide you'd like a different thread title at any point, just post what you want here and we'll get it changed for you.
 
So far So good, Went for a mile walk and about 10 min. on my my bike. Hardest thing now is working on my gait. Really have to concentrate on standing straight and going heel toe or I still limp a little. I need to stretch some of those tight muscles.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Back
Top Bottom