February 20, Getting Close, Getting Ready

Status
Not open for further replies.
So glad Doyle your posting today. So happy your on the other side of surgery. That propapol is some potent stuff !!! Keep us all posted on your recovery sending you my best wishes !!!
 
It's coming on to 3am for me now, I've been drinking lots of water and waking every hour to pee.

It's nice stretching out this first night. Nurses come and go as well, had a fit of shivers that made me shake up the hip.

Proved to me I'm not made of glass now and has given me confidence to fidgit around and get more comfortable.

Something interesting, no one offered ice as therapy, so I asked for it... Been laying on ice all night, moving it around helps a TON...... And yes it prolly caused my shivers hehe

Off to sleep again, what a great night! :)
 
Sounds great! You're on your way to a great recovery. Remember, take it nice and slow. Best of luck!
 
Yep, sounds really good. Keep posting when you can.
 
@Doyle..so glad that you are on the other side, can't wait to read about your recovery!!
 
Thanks for asking Majorheidi ! :)

Lots of ice means no bruising that I can see poking out from under the dressing, my main difficulty is I have low blood pressure normally.

Add to that some dehydration, hydromorphone pain Medecine, and I guess just the fact of surgery, and I get lightheaded just sitting on the edge of my bed. Complete with nausea, sudden sweat, and room moving.

So it's just bed exercises for me today :/

[Bonesmart.org] February 20, Getting Close, Getting Ready



So what's under the dressing? I have no idea, but I can feel the sharp pull of staples when I do knee raises!

Waiting for dinner now, it seems to be best meal of the day here, breakfast and lunch were both "snacky" affairs.
 
Got some hardware info from the surgeon today, for all us hip geeks lol

Du Puy pinnacle ascetabular cup

broken link removed: https://m.depuy.com/node/85010

Biolox delta ceramic ball

https://www.zimmernederland.nl/prod...ing-solutions/bioloxr-delta-ceramic-material/

Du Puy Corail stem

broken link removed: https://m.depuy.com/sites/default/files/products/files/0612-70-501r4%20SCRN_1.pdf

I doubt those made links, prolly have to cut and paste :)
 
Physio person just ran me through standing exercises and stairs. Then took me to the real stairwell and I went up and down one flight.

Sure is nice to have normal blood pressure today!

This morning I got out of bed on my own and used the hospital walker to go to the toilet, even managed to get regular today !
 
Occupational therapist came and instructed me how to change into civilian clothes.

IV came out, even though it wasn't hooked up, they left the needle and attachment in just in case

And last but not least, the dressing was changed and I snapped a red-carpet photo!

[Bonesmart.org] February 20, Getting Close, Getting Ready


Nurse and I stopped conting after 20 staples and decided to call it a bunch haha

Phoning wife now and seeing what her day is like to come pick me up !
 
All packed, and waiting for the wife to come pick me up. Had a last meal in hospital, cheese pizza, ranch salad and cream of asparagus soup yum.

The crutches in the photo are the ones my karate instructor used for his his replacement 23 years ago. He's 75 now.... Both hips replaced, both working great, he's still teaching at his own school and travelling Canada and the US. Doing seminars.
[Bonesmart.org] February 20, Getting Close, Getting Ready
 
Welcome to the other side @Doyle! Sounds like you are doing well! Easy does it now. Lots of R&R (rest and recovery) prescribed.
 
Hi @Doyle. I have been away this weekend so popping in to say congratulations on your new hip!
 
@Doyle I hope you are doing well. I just got out of the hospital too. So far not too bad. On tramadol and ibuprofen. No narcotics right now. We'll see how the first night goes. Good luck to you!
 
Hey @Doyle so glad to hear you have headed home.

That's a pretty awesome scar!!!!! A real badge of honour.

I had the low BP too and you just have to watch it after sitting for a while.

Enjoy sleeping at home
 
Congratulations and hope your recovery is going really well. Take care Gill
 
Great news! Best wishes for a smooth recovery! Peggy
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Back
Top Bottom