Guest viewing is limited

February 20, Getting Close, Getting Ready

Status
Not open for further replies.
My husband just informed me my surgery was anterior min invasive . How I did not know this shows how scared I was prior to surgery
 
Thanks so much Vetgirl.

Tomorrow are last minute meetings at the hospital for occupational therapy and physio therapist.

Today is a trip to the pet store for a heap of parrot toys and goodies !

She's sitting saying bye bye to me. So I'll head out. She wants to go in her cage for a snooze, but won't until I leave lol

I've had to stop all medicines for a week now, and those pills I thought weren't doing anything were!

I'm gettin to see how much pain is really in the hip. The distance I can walk is a fourth of what I could do with pills!
 
Best of luck Doyle u will be gr8 I feel it be thinking about you
 
Thanks Brave gal !

I packed my over night bag, and made final adjustments on the height of my recovery bed.....which is in my man-cave next to the parrot cage woohoo :)
 
Propofol is used a lot, no worries when under the care of the anesthesiologist. I had it for colonoscopy also. My spinal didn't take up high enough for hip replacement so they ended up giving me general anesthesia anyway but had no side effects from that either.
 
Charmed-life I had no idea it was such a common anesthetic.

I had always thought it was something exotic, probably because the only place I'd heard of it before, besides the Michael Jackson coverage, was Robin Williams' stand up comedy hehe
 
Good luck tomorrow. You are right behind me, just had mine yesterday. Look forward to seeing you on the other side!!
 
Hi @Doyle !
We will all be here cheering you on for your surgery tomorrow!
May you get off to a great start on your recovery and new shiny hip.
:flwrysmile:
 
Went to the karate school one last class. I have my instrucor's crutches from his first hip replacement 23 years ago! So there must be some good luck in them hehe

I'm setting an alarm for tomorrow, had my last drink of water before midnight.

Now I'm settling in and watching some old Newhart episodes to keep my mind off things until I fall asleep.

I enjoy Michael and Stephanie in the show, not to mention Larry, Daryl and Daryl lol

I'm off, I'll have new parts installed and be ready for the test drive tomorrow!
 
Doyle u be a new man! I will be waiting to hear all your stories. Good luck and best wishes for the speediest of recovery
Nancy
 
We will be waiting for you @Doyle - best wishes from down under x
 
I've had to stop all medicines for a week now, and those pills I thought weren't doing anything were!

I'm gettin to see how much pain is really in the hip. The distance I can walk is a fourth of what I could do with pills!

I completely understand that part Doyle, I had been taking Tramadol 100 mg 2 times a day and 800 Motrin 2 times a day, but had to stop motrin, was told a week but I went ahead and stopped it 12 days prior. Like you I had no idea how much pain relief the pills were actually giving me. My last few days I did more of a shuffle than a walk because it hurt to lift my leg. So glad that bone on bone pain is gone!! I had already wished you good luck, but here it is again, good luck and can't wait to see you on the other side!!
 
@Doyle wishing you all the best for your surgery.... The spinal is great.... Not sure what sedation I had.... Never told me! Ignorance was bliss!!!! Not long now until that pain is gone... Chrissie xxx
 
@Doyle We are all here waiting for you.
Hope your day went well!
Let us know how you are feeling.
:flwrysmile:
 
My wife just brought my phone, so I can update :)

It's ALIVE ! Hehe

Hurts a bunch, but my mind is clear and I'm hitting the hydromorphone pain button and it's manageable.

As for the Propofol sedative, it's so strong that I was sitting up and forward hugging a pillow in operating room. while they put needle into my spine for epidural the Propofol hit and I don't even remember laying back down!

Woke up in recovery still half frozen with a strong feeling of well being.

Thanks all, glad you were here ! :)
 
Hi @Doyle !
So glad you made it to the other side!
Please keep posting to us pre-oppers, as this is the best education we can have.
Very happy to hear you are doing well.
:yay:
 
@Doyle So happy to hear you are on the other side...Can't wait to hear about your recovery when you are feeling up to sharing...Rest and take it easy ;)
 
Well we both made it, I had the same experience with the propoofol.
Glad it's over as I imagine you are as well
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Members online

Back
Top Bottom