Guest viewing is limited

Feb 21st Left THR Scheduled

Thinking of you....
Can't wait to see you on the recovery side.
Give us a :thumb: when you're able.
We'll be here waiting....
@SMSBD
 
Hello everyone and thank you for your attention and well wishes. So sorry for not posting further or earlier, but there were some last minute tests required, hubby came home for the surgery and a surprise visit from a cousin that kept me a little busy, and tired.

Today is the first day post-op I have been able to sit in this desk chair for more than five minutes. I decided to forget about the computer until I had done enough physical therapy to increase strength and lessen pain.

The surgery went well. The surgical clinic I went to was up beat and everyone got along well. That made me feel much better in the pre-op area since austere or serious people make me a little nervous. Everyone went out of their way to make you comfortable and checked on you often. I was initially asked to lie down, but I had such severe spasms in the thigh and gluteus muscles that pulled at the hip joint (with resulting break-through pain), the rest of pre-op and the epidural procedures were done with me sitting up. Once the Propofol was delivered in the IV I knew nothing until being positioned for a in-surgery x-ray where I very briefly woke up.

Post-op was comfy and warm. Once I could demonstrate that I had "the urge to urinate" and could get the the restroom on my own using the walker, I was allowed to be dressed and transported home.

The week to ten days following is hazy since I was on a pain med combo of Oxycontin and Oxycodone as well as acetaminophen, aspirin and an anti-spasmodic. I've also been on antibiotics, Durolax (a laxative similar in action to Mirilax) and occasional magnesium citrate. Regardless I was expected to get to physical therapy (PT) the Monday and Wednesday following surgery, of which I remember little, although I do remember it as painful and exhausting.

After that it's a been a lovely whirlwind of PT, getting the medication schedule sorted to what was best for me and resuming the vitamins and diet that I'd had before falling.

Closing me up was done with internal stitches, wound glue, and an apparently new thing - at least here locally. The Physicians Assistant that removed it called it a "zipper". This was basically the heads and tails of tie wraps (aka cable tie) attached to strips of tape that then were used to pull the top layers of skin together. This was removed two days ago by merely peeling it off. I have pictures and will post in the correct thread once I have them reduced to an acceptable size (the images are huge).

All in all everything went better than expected and I am starting to feel more myself.

Again thank you for your well wishes and I do hope everyone else in February and March are doing well.
 
Last edited:
:goodpost:Those first days...aaah, memories.
Fog brain memories:heehee:
Glad all is leveling out...and you sound well.
Wishing you a peaceful Weekend.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom