THR Feb 21st is the day...soon moving to the other side

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a great recovery so far. I can completely commiserate as I have 7 & 9 year old daughters whom I could not play with last year. Looking forward to this year! Much luck with your continued recovery and your next new hip!
 
Got the staples out today and have steri-strips. Some of which don't want to stay in place. The area is a little bit sore right now. Otherwise it all looked good and I didn't feel the staples coming out too much. Saw the xray of my new hip today. Really cool. It is quite an amazing surgery. The doctor said if I feel I can do it, I can go back to work part time next week. Depends how I feel driving. I won't do so unless I am comfortable braking and such. Will try it out this weekend. Got the date today for my left hip replacement - April 24th. Oh boy!
 
@bamagirl Your recovery is going smoothly.
Yay!!!
Glad you got your second date, April 24. My date is April 10.
Take it slow on going back to work, if you can.
 
So guess what? I drove myself to Walmart today and actually walked around the store! Now granted I only walked around the areas I needed to. Wasn't bad. My dang left hip bothers me much more than my new hip. Once I get that one replaced I will be doing great. Going back to work Monday. Just part time to start then I will work my way back to full time slowly. So glad I had this surgery done. Before it hurt to drive and get in and out of the car. Not anymore!
 
@bamagirl, so pleased you are going back to work part time, be aware that you may feel some energy drain depending on the number of hours you work. I went back at 7 weeks for 3 full time days and around 3 PM each day was exhausted and fidgety. Once I figured there was a pattern, I took a couple of paracetamol around 2:30 PM and that was enough to get me through day. Great that you drove and went shopping and that you have a date for your second THR. Doing well! :)
 
You are AMAZING!!!!! Good luck on going back to work.... Do make time for resting too... Love Chrissie xx
 
Ok so I think it was over doing things. Felt exhausted last night and this morning so I stayed home. I am also having more pain than usual. It is in the groin area. Anyone else experienced that? Should I be concerned or just take it easy?
 
Mmm...that's the trouble with all Of us...we start to feel ' normalish' and then push too far.....I've certainly had groin pain when overdoing it....your body certainly let's you know when it's time to slow down....usually goes off after a day or two....take care...Chrissie xx
 
The over doing is so easy to do. I did PT and a bunch of errands yesterday. I could not keep my eyes open while reading a book.last night. I ended up sleeping more than 10 hours. Good thing you took a day off, I am sure that will help. Take care, you need that new hip to take care of the next one soon!
 
I haven't updated in a while so thought I would let you all know how I am doing. I am still working part time. I am planning full time next week until my next surgery on the 24th for the left hip. It is really giving me fits. My right hip feels great most of the time. Every once in a while I get some new pain that will last a day or two and then go away. I figure it is part of the healing process.

The worst i have had to deal with is an incision site infection. It is minor, but the top part of my incision did not close after the staples were taken out and got infected. I have been on antibiotics since last Friday. The doctor said it is superficial and should heal before the next surgery. It is getting smaller and looking better. Draining a little bit of pus, but not much. The problem is with my stomach that hangs over a bit (the area of the infection), you have to be very careful to keep it clean and dry. When my staples came out and they put on steri-strips, the strips did not stay on and the wound opened a bit. At first I wasn't worried, but evidently I didn't do a good job of taking care of it and thus it got infected. This next time I will be extra careful! Where the steri-strips stayed on, the wound healed great. So I have about a 1 inch area that has been open for about 3 weeks now. But since on the antibiotics, it has been slowly getting smaller and is not so ugly.

I am really looking forward to the next surgery. I keep telling people that if my left leg/hip was normal, I would be doing great!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom