Guest viewing is limited

THR Feb 21st is the day...soon moving to the other side

Status
Not open for further replies.
@bamagirl Congrats on getting to the other side! You're a trooper and seem to be doing really well. I'm very happy for you. I'll be following you soon.
 
I forgot to add that I will probably be able to go home tomorrow instead of Monday. Yahoo!
 
@bamagirl ......wow sounds like you are doing GREAT! Having mine done on the 7th, hoping for the success that you have had, will be following you, keep up the posts. Wishing you a speedy recovery!
 
God Bless and best of luck with the recovery! Sounds like you are doing great!:flwrysmile:
 
Congrats @bamagirl we are close in age so thought I'd let you know how wonderful 8 weeks plus out is! It's an awesome experience to come out of the dark and into the light! Enjoy the rays of hope and sun as they beam down on you over the next few months. Small grey clouds may loom but you'll get through them and see that the future is great! Hang in! Diane
 
@bamagirl, sounds like you are off to an awesome start! Remember to follow those BS mantras. You can't rest, elevate and ice too much. And I found the icing to be the most crucial of all. It will feel great to be home. Best of luck to you!
 
Day 3. PT came and got me walking around before breakfast. Waiting now for the PA to come and release me. Will be great to get home and wash my hair and such. I can swing my leg out of bed to get up but still need help getting it in to the bed. That will come with time. Pain hasn't been above a 4 so far.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Headed home with tramadol, ibuprofen and one aspirin per day for blood clots. Oh and also the lovely TED hose. Will update again later or tomorrow.
 
Fantastic that you are home already @bamagirl ....welcome to the other side

Looking forward to following your recovery
 
Day 4 has been good. Just resting, icing and elevating on the reclining sofa. I ended up sleeping half the night here on the sofa so as not to keep waking my husband up to lift up my leg. The sofa is very comfortable and I can get up and down by myself. So when I'm a little stronger I'll head back to the bed. I'm surprised at how well the pain has been controlled. I am alternating tramadol and 800 mg ibuprofen every 4-6 hrs. And icing using a gel ice pack 1 hr on and 1 hr off. This way I am not using the annoying ice machine. That thing is a monstrosity and I really don't want to use it. Unfortunately I will end up paying for it anyway (unless the insurance covers the whole thing). I can put weight on my leg and walk sort of normal using the walker. Concentrating on a normal gait. Of course my left hip pops and complains since it needs to be replaced too. Oh well. What I do have is a heavy feeling in the thigh and kind of a stiffness there. And of course some numbness in the area. Wednesday they are going to change the dressing and let me bathe. I'll get a look at the wound then. I was told I have 20 staples all very close together. I'll try to get a picture then. I can do a lot of things myself except make my own food. I put on my clothes and even washed my hair in the kitchen sink. Took a good nap this afternoon. My DH is taking good care of me. :) I used the TED hose for sleeping, but took them off during the day. I didn't get good instructions on using those things but figure if I am up and walking to the bathroom and such during the day I should be ok. What do you all think?
 
Home health nurse came this morning after I took a shower. I took off the bandages myself and got a look at my incision. I have 23 staples and it appears to be about 5 inches long. Not bad. It felt so good to take a shower using the shower chair. PT comes for the first time this afternoon to evaluate my mobility. We'll see how that goes.
 
Sounds like you are doing GREAT.....hope it keeps going that way for you!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom