Failed Arthroscopy - THR September 21st !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @CricketHip. Our big day is almost here! How are you feeling? I'm anxious one minute, excited the next and then I just want to cry!!! I'm all over the place:bawl: It's hard to believe this part is almost over. I hope you are doing well:flwrysmile:
 
@GGAZ The last weekend of pre-op pain coming up, I remember how that felt. Here's hoping it passes quickly and stress free.

Good luck


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Just keep busy and keep coming here to post. It does help ease the anxiety!
 
Hello @GGAZ and sorry for the delay in reply. Are you scheduled for the 21st, as in 4 days from now!?
I ended up overshooting the 2nd opinion thing, after learning my lesson with the labral repair, and met with 4 surgeons before finding the guy I felt good about. I almost booked with the "nation's best" but I just didn't feel it with him. I hate to say that because I like to think of myself as doing the best thing, all the time (perfectionism, ha!)...my 4th surgeon (who again, I almost cancelled on!) ended up being the one for a littany of reasons, and the reasons were much to my surprise...it was just a 'fit.' And I am going anterior for the same reasons you state; I always overdo it, I know this about myself. So I sort of need a 'no restrictions' policy. I know what you mean. Keep searching, keep researching and it's true, you will arrive at a smart conclusion at the end. Good luck!
 
Hi @GGAZ !! Thank you for checking! I am officially on leave from my work. I celebrated by having a breakfast meet up with a good friend.. we sat and talked and laughed from 9 am until almost 12-noon... The waiter was ready to bring the lunch menu to us..
We both will be fine. We did our research and found good surgeons. It all feels a bit surreal at the moment, seems like I've been waiting forEVER.
Do you know any details about your surgery time yet? I have no clue.
PM if you need me.. We are good to go! We've got this! :console2:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @sandiegomom yes my surgery is 4 days from now! When are you scheduled for yours? Earlier this week I meet with another surgeon for a second opinion. He also is a touted as one of the "best". He was a jerk. I wouldn't let him touch me with a ten foot pole Hahahaha. My surgeon does not do anterior (hence talking with a dr that does), but he is a wonderful surgeon with a five star rating and a spotless reputation. He is also a kind compassionate man and my mind is so at peace...finally!! So I am going posterior and I'm good with it. Almost on the other side. Yay:happydance:. Keep the faith!
 
Hi @CricketHip It does seem surreal! I had a pre-op appt with my surgeon today and we went over every little detail. My surgery is scheduled for 1pm. I must be there at 11:30am. I will spend 2 nights (3 if I choose). I was given an antibacterial soap to shower with the night before and the day of surgery. Sleep on fresh sheets and PJ's. I have compression cuffs for my legs that I will wear when resting to ward off blood clots (in lieu of wearing teds). I will take 325mg of aspirin twice a day for 32 days. Yikes!!! Can't think of anything else!! I would do it tonight if I could. Good luck. Let me know how you are doing.
 
Thanks to everyone for your prayers and good wishes. This site has been a Godsend to me. I appreciate being able to learn and share with all sitting in this same boat!!! Blessings :angel:
 
@GGAZ Hey, You're going to Ace this! My bilateral mini-posterior surgery was fabulous. Only a 4 inch scar that is almost invisible. Just remember that you want to rest and heal and your body will adapt and before you know it you will be like me- Pain Free! Good luck now!
 
Good morning @GGAZ
So you get to have the compression cuffs at home with you?? Nice!
Its a beautiful sunny day here. I am enjoying the days off from work and hope to get a few more things organized before the big day..
 
Hi @GGAZ, I can really hear a different tone through your 'voice' -- much happier, it seems! Congratulations on taking the bull by the horns and moving forward with everything. I admire that. Might as well just move along. I did have tummy troubles taking mini aspirin over time (I have tummy troubles with every med it seems); maybe look into what to do if you start getting an ache at some point into your 32 days. You will do great; please keep us posted on your recovery!!!! All the best to you.
 
@GGAZ just stopping by to send you all my good wishes for tomorrow and for a great,uneventful recovery.
 
@GGAZ Good luck and see you on the other side.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forumn
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom