THR Elf1 Recovery Road

Hi Elf,
I hope you had a relaxing evening out with hubs and you're taking it easy today. Loving your contributions here. Keep up the great work! :wink:
@Elf1
 
Thanks for all the kind words was busy doing some early Christmas shopping with hubby this weekend. Was feeling fantastic, weather was chilly in the mornings but downright gorgeous in the afternoon. We didn't go out to see the band on Friday, were both too tuckered. :yawn:

Think the shopping at multiple stores then hitting an arts and crafts market yesterday with tons of people has given me a slight cold or something so laying on the bed with one of the cats doing nothing. :kittykiss:
 
Alright, so a bit behind with my 4 Month update but been busy and had massive headache due to extreme weather changes in our neck of the woods.

I'm walking without any assistive devices, don't even take the cane in the store as a safety measure anymore. There is one in my car, just in case. Limp is gone, can feel slight limp/laziness when I'm super tired. Still use ice when I feel it's needed and pretty much take Tylenol daily but have other arthritis issues, so that's pretty normal.

Have some issues still going on with my thigh around the incision area that I'm chalking up to all the internal soft tissue healing or may be bursitis or something along those lines as OS said. Sometimes it's a sharp pain around what I think is the trochanter (?) and other times it moves around my thigh and feels like the stitches pulling like before staples were removed. Hard to explain but it's annoying. Will take annoying for now over what I had and will address with the OS when I have my follow up. I'm assuming he'll release me eventually or just likes seeing my happy face! :egypdance: Will follow up with PCP if feel the need, my new one is really proactive.

So, all in all, doing pretty good and almost feeling like normal. Wow, what a concept, normal!? Hang in there new hippies, it does get better! :friends:
 
Great update! You're doing really well. Sorry about the headache, it sounds miserable, hopefully it's gone.

I kept the cane in my car for a time also. Never used it and and not even sure why I might need it, but since I'd never been through this before, I guess I was covering all bases. :shrug: Like you, I also found myself limping on occasion early on if I was tired. Old habits die hard I guess.

Good to hear you're back to feeling normal, it's the best. :happydance:
Hope you have a nice evening!
@Elf1
 
Happy Belated 4 month anniversary! You are doing so well, isn't it funny how that limp shows up occasionally?
You are still relatively early in this recovery but you are well on your way.. I hope the tightness and pulling leave your company soon!!

:chuckmarch:
 
Four months--wow, that's great, @Elf1, and while not completely healed it does seem as if you're well on the way. I get the increased limping when you're tired. I don't think I limp but I certainly attribute increased stiffness/aching to fatigue and I simply think I am sloppier in my movements. I forget to hold my core tighter and I am not as deliberate as I should be about walking and standing erect. I'll be four months on Sunday, and I think I'm in a pretty good place recovery-wise. Sure, still a lot of bumps along the way still, but definitely hopeful and confident that I WILL get there. I feel as if you're in the same place too which is nice to read. Have a great weekend!
 
Good morning Elf! I hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving!!
 
Hi @Elf1 … Wanted to stop by and say Happy Thanksgiving to you. I'm so glad that we met on these boards and happier still to hear that you are saying the words "normal" Yay!!!
 
@VSlowLife thanks for checking in on me. Meant to answer you the other day and stopped to take care of something and well, you know how that goes. I'm good and yes, seem to be busy lately.

@CricketHip afternoon! Had a good Thanksgiving, was just me, hubby, one son and DIL. Seemed like I was cooking from the time I got up. That being said, I was standing most of that time and didn't totally collapse in pain last night. Tired yes, a little but of that stupid whatever it is along my thigh but overall fine. Could not have done that in June. Hope you had a good Thanksgiving as well.

@Bfam85 Happy Thanksgiving to you as well! Isn't it amazing all the wonderful folks we have met here and we've all walked along each other's recovery journeys?! :friends:
 
Sounds like a very pleasant Thanksgiving, @Elf1, and you were able to manage successfully with just fatigue and not grinding pain by day's end. Glad it was a happy day, and now onto the Christmas holidays--eeek!
 
Hi @Elf1
Glad to read your update and happy 4 months to you! I've got a three monther and a seven monther and I feel some of the aches and pains too just the way you describe them--soft tissue pain and some pain around the bone. I also have arthritis other places and though hip wise I dont need much medicine if I dont take it my hands at especially my thumb joints really hurt. I know there are surgeries for that too but in my mind I'm like "uh, NO".
But compared to my hips a year ago it is wonderful. My sleep is so much better, my endurance, my pain level when there's any.
Instead of expecting no annoying twinges after 47 years of working on my feet I am learning to live with the bod I got! So thankful.
 
Just wanted to pop in real quick, yesterday was 5 months! Still amazes me how far I've come, still have some things that are bugging me but see the OS on the 17th so will run it all by him.

Been under the weather the last few days so have been trying to play catch up. Will update more after my visit on the 17th.
:santa-dance: :banana-santa: :xmas-snowball-fight-smiley-emoticon:
 
Hi Elf! Will be good to hear how your post op visit goes.. I go this Wednesday.. my oh my, how the time is flying along!
Sorry to read that you've been feeling puny, rest up and hope you are over the worst of it. :yes:
 
Happy belated Five months @Elf1
You've come a long way, baby.
Maybe now is a good time to consider some targeted PT to help resolve issues if they are muscle related.
Tight hip flexors caused me some issues and I lucked out and found a great easy does it therapist.
Hope you feel better today.
 
Happy 5 month anniversary @Elf1 :dancy:

Assuming 17th will be your six month mark. Lots of muscle repair to come. Seems like from 6 to 7 month most of my weird muscle issues around incision just magically knitted themselves together again. Muscle tone almost normal at 8 months.

Hope that darn cold goes away soon. So easy to catch something this time of year. You are such a huge asset to this forum. Grateful for your labor of love. Priceless for so many of us.
 
Sorry to hear you have been under the weather. :mcoffee:
Hope you will feel better before your follow up visit next week.
Happy 5 month anniversary!
 
Back
Top Bottom